The Gimdow turns your dumb door into a smart lock

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/14/the-gimdow-turns-your-dumb-doo.html

Nope not today

6 Likes

…or any other day!

5 Likes

Next on BoingBoing- How to defeat the Gimdow in under four seconds using a children’s teddy bear.

15 Likes

This calls for the lockpicking lawyer :smiley:

He looks at it, the adhesive fails in a second …

11 Likes

The very first words that came to mind when I read the headline was, “This is the LockPickingLawyer…”

My guess is that a magnet will unlock it.

10 Likes

And if you’re trying to turn a previously dumb house into a 21st century web-enabled palace of technology an easily hacked, poorly secured Internet of Shit-pile?

Happy to help, no charge.

7 Likes

I suppose it would match nicely with a hollow-core front door on small hinges.

9 Likes

The word “dumb” in the article title is misplaced…

2 Likes

came for the pointing and laughing, was not disappointed.

11 Likes

Rather than buy this, I’m just going to leave my front door unlocked with a sign saying “valuables and free cookies inside”.

5 Likes

Maybe not the dumbest idea since Juicero, but definitely the dumbest idea since this:

2 Likes

Is it sad that I’m starting to count snack foods as valuables? It wasn’t easy finding Girl Scout cookies this year!

3 Likes

Or maybe just a package of toilet paper visible through the open doorway.

2 Likes

Installing a new door lock isn’t rocket surgery or anything. It’s something just about any homeowner should be able to do with a simple screwdriver.

3 Likes

As the 1:41 video starts
“This is the Lock Picking Lawyer, and what I have for you today…”

2 Likes

Ha. We took the books out of our Little Free Library as there are unfortunately a lot of COVID cases locally, but replaced them with rolls of toilet paper.

Nobody has taken any yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.