The great coronavirus toilet paper shortage of 2020

mmmm that’s a bit cheaper than Internet in Canada Throw in a pack of wet wipes and ill think about it .

4 Likes

And again, we say bidet.

I got mine used from Goodwill for $5 about 3 years ago. (I laugh if that squicks anyone, it’s not like it was covered in poo and even if it had been…) I just bought TP for the first time in a long time last month, I’d forgotten how danged expensive it is (not only for me, but for trees).

1 Like

Of course, it’s possible we’ll have no running water or sewage. In which case I say “backpacker’s bidet!” and a barrel of water.

Usually the difference is if it just getting in the way of your other groceries or if it is filling the cart on its own.

I had good local at my Chinese grocer as well and I hope it helps offset some of the losses they are facing from racism.

My local big box store seems to be thrilled with this panic buying. When I went a few weeks ago all of the toilet paper, the bottled water, and a good amount of the frozen foods were cleared out. When I walked in this week there were tons of cases of bottled water right by the doors and checkout.

3 Likes

Perhaps their supply of bootstraps has arrived?

index

3 Likes

When my neighbors start recovering from colds, flus, and coronavirus, I’ll be trading chicken soup for toilet paper.

(why not buy a bidet if you’re using so much toilet paper?)

I sure hope we don’t have running sewage…

7 Likes
5 Likes
  1. Supermarkets across much of Australia have been completely stripped of toilet paper. Not “a week or two” worth; people are buying enough for years. Shopping trolleys filled to overflowing with nothing but toilet paper.

2. There have been multiple instances of brawls breaking out in shops as idiots fight over the last packets of toilet paper.

3. Opportunistic scumbags are attempting to resell toilet paper at ridiculous markups.

13 Likes

Lord Humongous wants TP for his bung hole!

12 Likes

That’s just the kind of panic talk that’s causing the Funko collectable market to tank!

6 Likes

I think most stores give trees a family discount when they buy TP.

As long as it’s running away, you’re fine.

3 Likes
5 Likes

This honestly seems like perfectly natural panic buying to me.

There are news stories about a lack of TP, so naturally people want to buy some so they don’t run out while the stores are out so they buy more TP and drive the stores out, influencing more people to demand more TP as the fear of a TP shortage spreads, which results in more news stories about a TP shortage…

Which reminds me. I need to stop and buy some TP today…

4 Likes

The local Costco had plenty. We needed some, so I bought a package of 50,000,000 rolls (the standard size). I wouldn’t call it a panic, but I did notice that most people checking out had one bundle of TP.

4 Likes

No, it is a stupid item to panic buy when you consider that many people do not properly wash their hands, and now you’ve left them no option butt to use their hands when they go to the bathroom.

Congratulations. Every surface everyone outside must handle just got that much grosser to touch.

2 Likes

And that’s where it turns from prepping to hoarding: when you’re taking more than you need and other people have to go without.

Dante put the hoarders and wasters in the same circle of hell because ultimately they’re both using their resources badly and depriving others.

15 Likes

That photoshop is brilliant. Did you do it? If not, what is the source? (I mean, for the addition, not the Giovanni Stradano original.)

5 Likes

It’s a pretty sh&^ty pun, regardless. We need to flush it out of our systems.

2 Likes

Rags are abundant, soap and water after. Paper Industry’s hard push for demand.