The greatest Christmas movie of all time is coming back to HBO Max

Scrooged" is the second best Christmas movie.

Oh, you people. So disappointing. Clearly the GREATEST Christmas movie of all time was Reindeer Games. Duh!

(no, no, just kidding, honestly)

The TRUE greatest Christmas movie of all time - or rather, I should say, Christmas special (since folks are pulling out the Charlie Brown stuff) - is A Wish for Wings that Work. A show so great they only showed it once and freaked out so much about some of the content they refused to ever air it again. It’s brilliant, the only time Bloom County was perfectly brought to the screen.

And you can watch the whole thing: A Wish For Wings That Work - YouTube

Enjoy!

“She had to have an albatross! With great big long wings!” (yes, I do believe that’s Robin Williams)

1 Like

A sincere thank you all for not mentioning Elf.

2 Likes

You mean Elf, the greatest Christmas movie ever made?

7 Likes

the simpsons rake GIF

4 Likes

Olivia Hussey said that when she met Steve Martin the first thing he said to her was that she was in his favorite movie. She said, “Oh, of course you mean Romeo And Juliet” and he replied, “No, Black Christmas.

She seemed pretty pleased by that.

5 Likes

I guess I’ll be the first to mention the elephant in the room: “It’s a Wonderful Life,” the definitive Christmas movie. It combines a Dickensian ghost story with the underlying existential dread of the bleakest Film Noir, and one of the best supporting player casts ever assembled. The happy ending is well and truly deserved. Noted legal authority and atheist Judge John Hodgman makes the compelling case in his excellent podcast; I won’t spoil his revelation that had eluded me, despite this not only being my favorite Christmas movie, but my favorite movie, period.

5 Likes

Oh, yeah! Elf is a lot of fun. Top 5 fersure!

1 Like

The remake Black Christmas (2019) was just awful. I mean I know remakes are sometimes bad, but this was something worse. I really should have checked the reviews before going to the theatre.

I’ll shout out Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer just for introducing us to the Island of Misfit Toys (surely the true homeland of Happy Mutants everywhere)

4 Likes

…families, the Bernardis and the Rossis, over whose ice cream vans can sell where in Glasgow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.