The H2 Belt Light lets you use your peripheral vision in pitch darkness

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/13/the-h2-belt-light-lets-you-use.html

After seeing it once, you kind of wonder why miners weren’t wearing these instead of helmet lamps decades ago.

… because affordable LEDs have not been a thing for decades?

9 Likes

And because a miner’s belt just isn’t the place for anything that breaks easily.

7 Likes

And because it’s more useful to see in the direction your eyes are pointing, rather than the direction your navel is pointing.

7 Likes

Oh! Oh! Oh!

8 Likes

I’m trying to imagine a belt-mounted carbide lamp. Nope.

Also, battery-powered incandescents have their own issues.

8 Likes

Unless of course you meet someone else wearing one coming the other way, then you’ll both be blinded by the indiscriminate high intensity LED lights shining directly into your eyeballs. They even helpfully include the dazzling strobe mode to completely obliterate the vision of anybody facing you. It looks like it was designed by every single bike light manufacturer that assumes the user is the only person in the world or that it’s perfectly safe to blind oncoming traffic, I mean what could go wrong?

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the BoingBoing Store 180 degree car bumper light.

1 Like

The woman’s shape is such that her eyes are shielded from the light, but that wouldn’t work for me.

1 Like

If I didn’t know the context, based on her expression I would guess she’s panicking as she’s crushed by some sort of energy ring. It’s rather horrifying.

4 Likes

Seek and you shall receive:

4 Likes

Why didn’t the advertising department choose a picture at night? It’s pretty bright in the background of the one they’re using.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.