The Head & The Heart: "Shake"

[Permalink]

"Folk Band"

lmao.

Did you really laugh your ass off? Really? Wow, I'm glad I brought such overwhelming joy to your day. However, and I hate to ruin your delight, but I didn't say "folk." I said "indie folk," which is "a music genre that arose in the 1990s from singer/songwriters in the indie rock community influenced by the folk music scenes of the 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s, country music and indie rock." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_folk

this shit is good

you talkin alt-folk, like no depression and whatnot?

edit: looked at the wiki page. it kinda looks like they're just including anyone who has ever played an acoustic guitar in a given number of years.

happy almost birthday, pesco. quite a little shindig you've arranged there. caught these guys at a free outdoor show in portsmouth, nh last week and it was great. seeing them again in november when they come back to boston...
anyone too nit-picky about genre labels or just too cynical in general to appreciate their music can go folk themselves.

Thanks!!

Can someone explain to me the difference between "Indie Folk" and Hipster? For all intent and purposes, they seem to be one in the same.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.