The Hornet Boy collects wasp nests as a form of therapy

Originally published at: The Hornet Boy collects wasp nests as a form of therapy | Boing Boing

4 Likes
4 Likes

My son and I watch the Hornet King, he makes them almost seem to be cute. I’m okay with them in general, live and let live I say, but being severely allergic to envenomation by bees/wasps/hornets, as soon as they behave like assholes at come at me from 3 meters away, they’re days are numbered.

I still try to relocate them if there is a nest, but if they become threatening, I gas 'em under the cover of night when they’re all at home.

2 Likes

I was doing renovation work on a house in Colorado Springs a while back. The building had been mostly abandoned after a fire. Mostly abandoned because a hive of wasps had been living there in the roof rafters with no interference for about 30 years.

The hive we removed was easily 10 foot by 20 foot, filling the spaces between the roof and the ceiling. And the residents were none too happy about their eviction.

6 Likes

I had like 10 lbs of mud dauber nests in my storage area after moving from my apt. :confused:

2 Likes

Ah yes, The Wasp Factory. “A more mainstream novel”.

3 Likes

I can’t help but wonder which came first - wasps or the fire?

Also, when I read the headline I just assumed the wasp nest collection was fully loaded. Now I’m not sure if I should be relieved or disappointed…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.