The International Concatenated Order of Hoo-Hoo has generally improved, but something important has been lost

[Read the post]

1 Like

The Internet appears to have also lost them a vowel; the second “o” in Boojum.

“if ever I meet with a Boojum, that day,
In a moment (of this I am sure),
I shall softly and suddenly vanish away—
And the notion I cannot endure!”

I promise to write only booojum in the future to balance the incorrect internet usage.

3 Likes

There used to be a lumber company here in Oregon that used that black cat logo. I always thought it was a weird image to associate with a lumber yard.

2 Likes

Even stranger when compared to the sabotage/wildcat strike symbol of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW).

Hoo-Hoos:

IWW:

From Wikipedia:
“…the IWW’s Lumber Workers Industrial Union (LWIU) … organize[d] lumberjacks and other timber workers, both in the deep South and the Pacific Northwest of the United States and Canada, between 1917 and 1924.”

The black cat was an anarcho-syndicalist symbol, hardly something a capitalist employer would adopt. Probably coincidence, but a lumber company of the era could be expected to be aware of both connections.

1 Like

A Fraternal Org membership can always benefit if they offer a GREAT HAT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I always wondered where Richard Perez got the black cat logo he used on illegal solar power installations. Definitely from the IWW one! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.