The John Wick franchise has earned a billion dollars at the box office.

Originally published at: The John Wick franchise has earned a billion dollars at the box office. | Boing Boing

1 Like

Keanu is my spirit animal.

1 Like

He’s got a reputation for being a really nice guy on the set to both cast and crew.

2 Likes

People seem to really like watching one guy shoot hundreds of other guys in the head for hours at a time.

3 Likes

Yep. And that really matters in choosing favorite celebrities. Nice people are heroes in real life!

2 Likes

Well, in fairness, he shoots them in the chest sometimes. Got to mix it up.

2 Likes

I guess that’s certainly part of it - but I think what makes the Wick series a bit different than other shoot-em-ups is the sheer ridiculousness of it… Sort of reminds me of the Evil Dead franchise, which is a blood bath, but such a ridiculous bloodbath that you can’t mistake it for reality… There is a bit of unreality to both franchises that make the violence less “real” if that makes sense?

Anyway… I’d watch a Flamingo remake of evil dead…

evil dead ash GIF by Jared D. Weiss

4 Likes

I just think it’s odd that Austin Powers is still the only movie to even acknowledge that henchmen have families :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

Not a film, but I guess Venture Brothers also sort of humanized henchmen a bit…

5 Likes

bang bang bang, etc. I don’t get it
rapidfire

Empowered by Adam Warren is all kinds of problematic; but it does give some attention to the Henches and Henching. #Thugboy

Have you seen “Brain Dead”? It is a shame that the Director never seemed to get much work after this; I’d have loved to see a “Brain Dead II: Brain Deader”

2 Likes

I’ve joked at times that studios acknowledge Reeves is not a particularly good actor. But they keep hiring him because he keeps the cast and crew happy.

He’s costarred with people known to be difficult on a set. Dennis Hooper and Anthony Hopkins come to mind.

2 Likes

This time, they killed his dog, stole his car, and offered him a whole lotta money.

2 Likes

He’s a great body-language actor

He usually gets cast in roles where they don’t expect him to talk very much

2 Likes

The director, Chad Stahelski, is incredibly good at getting the most bang for the buck. Chapter 4 was the most expensive Wick film to make at $100 million.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.