The Last Supper Museum in Douglas, Arizona has hundreds of Last Suppers on display

Originally published at: The Last Supper Museum in Douglas, Arizona has hundreds of Last Suppers on display | Boing Boing

3 Likes

9 Likes

The best part of the film Watchmen was the purely graphic intro sequence presenting their back-stories. Ending (nearly) in a Last Supper

(for Last Supper requisites have to have at least a central jebuz and a leaning backwards “john” not judas as many folks assert … judas in the original is two farther over (“but The Comedian was judas” …yeah ok))

3 Likes

But do they have The Fast Supper?

10 Likes

Saddened to discover they have no cafeteria.

7 Likes

BYO wine and crackers

4 Likes

Still my favorite

4 Likes

At first I thought this thread was about prisoner’s last meals but this is better.

7 Likes

If you ever want to know what Leonardo’s Last Supper originally looked at, there is a copy painted within twenty years of the original in the Royal Academy, London.

Unlike Leonardo’s experimental fresco techniques of painting in tempura and oil on dry plaster, the copy was painted in stable oil on canvas, so the colours and paint have remained vivid. It’s utterly overwhelming.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Here it is digitized, zoomable. (Not as overwhelming as in person, I’m sure, but best I can do for the time being)

3 Likes

Yes, but without this one the collection is not complete

(artofmarkbryan.com)

4 Likes

3 Likes

Please tell me they at least have one of those paintings with cutouts for sticking your head through so you can take a photo of yourself as JC at the last supper.

3 Likes

My personal favorite, a gift from two incredible friends from HS.

Sorry about the horrible photo, may try again when the light is a bit different.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.