The latest sign of the Apocalypse: Sour Patch Kids, the cereal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/16/the-latest-sign-of-the-apocaly.html

Candy Cereal. Nope, never heard of such a thing before.

11 Likes

Kids LOVE LOVE LOVE sour stuff; this will be very popular. Though I imagine the milk will be kinda gross.

3 Likes

Sweet, yes. But sour cereal?

2 Likes

13 Likes

This is a much healthier alternative. Skip the candy, have cookies for breakfast.

9 Likes

Pure sugar!

Pure! No grain, dried fruit, or other adulterants.

7 Likes

“Ron English Parody Cereal Boxes Placed on Grocery Store Shelves”

5 Likes

Eh, in the end I expect it will be barely distinguishable from any other colored cornmeal product.

3 Likes

December 26? Once again, Walmart on the front lines of the war on Christmas.

1 Like

Sour + milk, a classic combination.

5 Likes

“Image enlarged to make you really think about whether or not you want to do this.”

3 Likes

My sister inlaw would skip the cereal, and let her kids eat oreos for breakfast, arguing that they had the same nutritional value (0) :slightly_frowning_face:

I have a co-worker who was addicted to Sour Patch Kids, until she ate so much that she chundered in technicolor. She has not touched one since.

1 Like

Chundered?

(rushes to google)

Oh, projectile vomiting. Nice! I learned a new word today, thanks.

3 Likes

We have a 2 pound bag in our cupboard at home. Somehow I’ve managed to only eat 2 at a time. Maybe it’s the cheesecake in the fridge helping me control my SPK cravings…

That’s not milk pictured on the box, it’s Mountain Dew White. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover, yeah

(Now you know what we are taking cover from)

4 Likes

And now I learned the REAL lyrics of one of my favorite songs from the 80’s. I always misheard that as “plundered.”

Well, I mean, that’s not exactly true, but it’s damn near true-enough.