The Mad Max cars look just as fantastic before the dirt

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/01/the-mad-max-cars-look-just-as.html

10 Likes

Just amazing.

7 Likes

So shiny and chrome!

So much detail it’s easy to miss in the movie.
Dagnabbit, I’m gonna have to watch it again now.

8 Likes

Awesome

the customization effort is amazing. So much detail. The artists really captured the look of on-going tinkering, perfecting, and post apocalyptic glamour.

4 Likes

I love the car design from that film. My son wants to build one now.

2 Likes

Please, people: click through. There’s so much!
And the attention to detail is bonkers.

6 Likes

That would be a damn cool Hot Wheels set.

5 Likes

Those must’ve been so fun to design and build.

2 Likes

One of the blu-ray extras goes into the incredibly extreme lengths the art/props department went to in detailing even the tiniest thing AND having it all make sense in a post-apocalyptic world. Ex: The cage-headpiece that MM was forced to wear? Its ‘nosepiece’ was a rusty, old, hand fork gardening tool.

2 Likes

Lovely. Particularly liking the pursuit special there: what’s that rear tyre held together with? It’s been… lived in. Not bad though considering it got turned into shrapnel in mad max 2. You can drive a pristine version of it and throaty variations on the others in the video game.

2 Likes

They’re all awesome. The photos are excellent too.
The doubled-up '59 Cadillac is one of my faves.

This one:

…is a barely-modified trials bike:

Wait, how did the V8 Interceptor re-appear? (Obviously I need to watch Fury Road.)

It was in the beginning of the movie

1 Like

I did recently and was astonished by how well it’s holding up to multiple viewings. For something with such a modest scope it’s astonshingly well put together.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.