The magic of a MAGA hat is exposed

Maybe the tRump crime family took a shot at the highest building, but not the tallest.
daily show trump failson cocaine news

6 Likes

Did I miss something? What do these numbers have to do with the hat?

2 Likes

the wearer’s hat size is approximately equal to their IQ?

4 Likes

But you see, that’s -2. And you might say, that don’t make no sense. But that’s because you’re thinking in Celsius, the devil’s thermometer. If you convert to F, you get 28. Who was the 28th president? Woodrow Wilson. WW. He fought WW2 against the Nazis. And you turn it upsie daisy and what do you get? A big old M and M. Now take it back to the hat. They’re red. You NEED TO LISTEN TO THE RED M&M. Red is Q, fighting the good fight against the Green M&M that’s trying to make Make America Lesbian Again. MALA. MALALA Yousafzai is part of it. IT’S MATH, SHEEPLE!

16 Likes

Time to figure out what Lake Wobegon was doing in its school district.

6 Likes

Not really pertinent to the topic but I thought it should be noted.

5 Likes

I imagine a combination of a helm of alignment changing and feeble mind.

2 Likes

Apologies for going off-piste, but given (??) that in written British English we do not use the em dash but rather the en dash (or, increasingly, online, a hyphen) with spaces, such that it would be…

Bob was tired – exhausted really – but he knew he could not rest

rather than

Bob was tired—exhausted really—but knew he could not rest

…which the USians use, with en em dash and no spaces, then what are the use cases for an em dash on this side of the pond?

4 Likes

The problem with giving an answer is that British English does and did use em dashes and the preferences do change. Currently, the choice is space en space for the pause, and en used in a range of numbers 001–105 but it is genuinely not possible to say those are the only or even best usage. Em dashes can be used to indicate missing or partially missing words.

The Oxford Guide to Style of 2005 aka Harts’ Rules, for example, recommends using em dash while conceding that others are using space en dash space (p141).

The University of Oxford Style Guide (a different document) of 2014 proscribes the em dash (or what it calls m-dash) (p13).

3 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

5 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

Oh! Gee, when you explain it like that, it’s obvious. How could I have missed it?

3 Likes

His cultists think that he’s going to be both the 45th and 47th President (becoming only the second person to serve non-consecutive terms, after Grover Cleveland.)

But I think a reference to those numbers would make for a nice billboard.

DONALD TRUMP FOR
45-47
MONTHS IN PRISON FOR
FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS

2024 days is about 5 and a half years, a bit too much for what the maximum sentence is for the charges of which he was convicted based on the news reports I’ve seen (4 years or 48 months; 45 or 47 fits nicely!) Unless the judge were to tack on an extra year and a half for his contemptuous behavior during the trial (probably not) this sadly would not be accurate.

DONALD TRUMP FOR
DAYS IN PRISON FOR
FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS

Though if one were to want to “editorialize” a sign that you saw with a Sharpie, those modifications would be easy to add (if not technically accurate.) Not that I’m advocating vandalism.

3 Likes

I’m really glad you’re on our side here - aren’t you???

3 Likes

Yes! I’m sorry, I probably should have included the /s for safety. It’s not like someone at a MAGA rally spouting that same nonsense would be so farfetched.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.