Trump is the secret president, say MAGA geniuses in bizarre interview

Originally published at: Trump is the secret president, say MAGA geniuses in bizarre interview | Boing Boing

2 Likes

fox tv GIF by Bob's Burgers

29 Likes

I thought that Biden was actually Trump wearing a skin suit? (With a heck of a lot of compression wrap, I guess.)

15 Likes

I have a friend that believes all this nonsense and she has effectively shut out all her friends due to her beliefs. it’s very sad and I wish I could snap her out of it.

17 Likes

Impossible to find the video. Why don’t you put a direct link to the right video anymore? Now we’re on a page with hundreds of videos, and “you’re on your own”.

2 Likes

Hillary Clinton is the secret secret president. She keeps the real presidential seal in her basket of deplorables.

/s

15 Likes

I think the best way is to keep being her friend. Hopefully she’ll eventually discover her co-conspirators aren’t willing to be friends with anyone who doesn’t share their exact beliefs, doesn’t drink exactly the same koolaid. People want to be part of a tribe, a community, and that is a huge part of the attraction of cults like MAGA. So if you have a better tribe, that is kinder and more generous, it makes it harder to ignore the flaws of the others…

12 Likes

13 Likes

MAGA guys copied the crazy Patriotários (Bolsonaro’s followers, loosely translated for dumb patriots)

9 Likes

For some people, they embrace the ideology, because they believe in it, not because they are duped or are simply looking for community. For the hardcore, the violence and biotry of the MAGA ideology is the appeal, not a byproduct of community. They do not find kindness and generosity to be worthy of embrace, as they see it as a sign of weakness, especially in men–with the exception of solidarity within the patriarchal structures that gives meaning to their lives. Not all of them, of course, but plenty of them do think that way.

We ignore that at our peril.

That does not mean that we should not reach out to those who might be swayed, but we have to understand that these ideologies are not just imposed by the elite, but taken up by people because they find value in it. They want it and they like it. They seek it out in their daily lives, because it brings meaning to their existence in a way that kindness-based community is not.

TL,DR: The ideology of an existential, cosmic struggle that makes acts that are absolutely, objectively evil (genocide, for example) seem not only acceptable, but morally just is at play here, not just a desire for community…

28 Likes

24 Likes

There’s another option explaining why people become MAGAts: “economic anxiety”. /s

13 Likes

Here’s a direct link to the video: https://www.tiktok.com/@thedailyshow/video/7249840209313926442

And just in case, I’ll embed it below as well:

7 Likes

The problem is that the video ad algorithm inserts ads after every two “paragraphs”. The video transcript is presented as a series of one-line paragraphs. Ergo - little text, much ad.

It’s annoying as hell, made worse by the fact that the ads load very slowly.

3 Likes

Maga Man 1
Trump is President right now.

badboxartmm

8 Likes

Does he ever ask them about why Trump is running again? Cos taht would be his third term, which isn’t allowed per the Constitution.

Unless he also abolished that with an executive order…

These people deserve nothing more than mockery.

16 Likes

Trump

7 Likes

So they think there is an OFFICIAL, physical seal that a president MUST possess?

6 Likes

Some relatives of mine in Brasil got full patriotários. I avoid talking politics at all cost, but they LOVE to talk about exactly that.

It’s pretty difficult, because when they notice that you are not aboard, that’s when they go “Hear me out, …” and don’t stop.

These are all people i have known for my whole life, but it’s like I’ve somehow lost them. Every conversation ends up being about that i’m sleeping on this, that i have to wake up, don’t be a sheeple. Why can’t i see that the vaccines / the immigrants/ the transexuals/ the left are evil.

I live in Germany and the people, that vote for AFD, have similar behavioral traits.

Last time i lived for a few years in USA, was in the 80s. I can only assume that MAGAS are also very similar, from what i read, hear and see.

I hate this timeline.

32 Likes

I guess the upside to Trump being the current president is that he can’t be elected to a third term. OR CAN HE!?!

7 Likes