The Mandalorian as a spaghetti western

I dunno. The pulse rifle appears to be some kind of disruptor. Generally disruptors were used at close range because their bolts do bad things to the strong nuclear force as they pass and dissipate their energy very quickly disintegrating the atoms of air between the rifle and the target.

It’s a TV show. They needed Mando to get a head hurty so Nanny-IG11 can do the iRobot thing.

1 Like

Which guns is a disruptor?

The fork pronged pulse rifle acts exactly like a disruptor

That only seems to be when he loads special ammunition into it. Or at least it was in one scene. I have only watched one time through.

1 Like

Whenever the pulse rifle is shot at a being it completely disintegrates them. When shot at machines it appears to hit, but not disrupt a terribly large volume.

I was going to say it’s a disintegrator rifle. At least when he uses the single shot ammo. Then the forked part has a melee/short range stun capability. Not sure if I recall it having regular blaster abilities or not… I plan to rewatch things.

1 Like

Disintegrators and disruptors are the same thing as far as I am aware. I’m just used to the Darth Bane novels where they’re uniformly called disruptors.

1 Like

All the Kurosawa samurai film love and you don’t even note that the basic premise of a lone warrior traveling with a baby is Lone Wolf and Cub (which has iterations in manga/film) to a T.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.