The Mandalorian's big reveal: Jar Jar Jedi

Originally published at: The Mandalorian's big reveal: Jar Jar Jedi | Boing Boing

2 Likes

dissen da way

(care o dis site)

7 Likes

If this helps Best get out from under the crushing shame that is Jar Jar, more power to him.

16 Likes

Jar Jar Jedi? Ha!

Darth_Jar_Jar_2

8 Likes

That damn Darth Jar Jar Reddit thread just feels so damn right to me. I know it’s fanfic but whoa.

7 Likes

Slightly off topic but did anyone else notice in last week’s episode when the doctor was trying to explain to the Mon Calamari therapist that he was the victim of a trap the therapist just gave him this withering stare like “Oh, I see. Just because I look like Admiral Ackbar I’m supposed to think everything is a trap, right? Fucking space-racists.”

12 Likes

Any chance you can avoid putting spoilers directly in the titles of things?

Come-on-man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 Likes

i wonder if this episode explains the discursion of the last. i imagine some producer putting their foot down: no, you’re not going to build coruscant for a five minute youngling flashback… and the writers were like fine, then we’ll put a whole episode there

( and boy was the new republic depressing. the empire was ruthless and bureaucratic? how about we be ruthlessly bureaucratic? the movie brazil was more uplifting :confused: )

the season has gotten a bit better overall, and i recognize it couldn’t continue as the 1980s style outlaw with a heart of gold helping to right the wrongs of the common folk schtick, but boy do i miss the narrative umph of seasons 1 and 2

5 Likes

Darth Darth Binks

7 Likes

It is the way.

kung_fu_2

5 Likes

*nods*

this is the way.

5 Likes

Hint: it’s not a spoiler. I won’t say more, because at some time this comment would become one.

5 Likes

About the rest of everything in that episode… Carl Weathers should never direct, ever.

WTF?

Eh… Maybe not fair to Weathers. How much responsibility does he have for scenes, story, or dialogue? So that leaves him directing a stoic Jedi, a mostly immobile puppet, and a bunch of people all wearing full helmets on an empty beach.

This one was just bizarre from the concept.

1 Like

Now that I’ve actually had a chance to watch it - it’s not a story spoiler… but considering how infrequently Jedi show up in this series, it would have been real nice not to go into the episode with that knowledge and spend most of the episode going “Wait, how does Jar Jar or Jedi fit into this? Is there some hidden Jedi enclave on this planet? How does Jar Jar - OH, it’s a flashback … ok. Eh.”

Here’s a vastly better title for this article:
The Mandalorian’s latest cameo is [Long Overdue / Well Deserved / both]

Oh wait, but who will deserve that cameo!??

The flashback has been in many episodes, there is a Jedi padawan in every episode.

This D+ hating on a headline.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.