The media actually discussing how crazy the stuff Trump says is

15 Likes

The first time I heard this theory a week or so ago, I immediately knew 100% that it’s true. I hadn’t thought of it before, but it makes perfect sense with Trump. With anyone else, it would be a stretch. But you know that’s exactly what he thinks.

23 Likes

It’s the stupidest possible explanation, so yeah, it’s likely the correct one.

17 Likes

Iranian agents

Makes sense. They’re pretty much the only of the “enemy” countries of the US that wouldn’t profit from a Trump presidency and thus the only one that would interfere against him.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of allied countries of the US that would be threatened by a Trump presidency, including the one I live in and the one I’m from. I don’t think they are interfering in any way, but sometimes I dream about them doing it anyway. And why not? The NSA shamelessly surveilled Merkel’s phone under Obama, the US and the UK conspired to destroy France’s submarine industry under Biden, not to mention everything that happened under Trump.

15 Likes

16 Likes

the dude your opinion GIF

9 Likes

Not a cloud! Chem trails! THEY’RE CONTROLLING YOU, MAN!!!

10 Likes

I also heard Jon Favreau’s theory on Pod Save America, and agree. Though the discussion did remind me of the Cuban “boat people” of the mid-1970s, when Castro was accused of emptying his prisons and mental institutions and putting the inmates on boats to Florida. I’ve wondered if Trump’s lizard brain is remembering that as well. Even if that’s the case, I’m sure he has no clue what political asylum is.

12 Likes

21 Likes

You can see from what Trump actually said that he believes that import tariffs are paid by the government of the country of origin. When he said that he would make Mexico pay for the wall, he meant it literally.

He also believes that imposing tariffs will magically lead to the instant revival of manufacturing industry in the United States as all imported goods are replaced by domestic ones.

This is what he really believes. This is the foundation of his economic policy. This is how he expects to “bring the jobs home”.

20 Likes

What the WaPo headline should have read was, “North Carolina speech reveals Trump has no idea how tariffs affect the US economy.”

17 Likes

Or “Trump has no idea how tariffs work”.

17 Likes

QAnon in a nutshell.

11 Likes

To be fair, this does seem to be what they teach at Wharton.

17 Likes
10 Likes

ETA

12 Likes

Trump is really only happy when playing to his base. They don’t understand economic policy and don’t listen to it. (A doom-loop of nonattainment.) Neither does he, actually. So he’ll always circle back to his happy place, which is their happy place, where they all shout insults together at the woke, Trump as leader and the MAGAs as followers.

However it’s the undecideds and independents who will clinch the election, many of whom can be swayed.

10 Likes

The shroud of The Dark Side has fallen?

1 Like

Or “Trump has no idea how anything works.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.