The moment young Ramaswamy was shut down by Sharpton — a supervillain's origin story

Originally published at: The moment young Ramaswamy was shut down by Sharpton — a supervillain's origin story | Boing Boing

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

There is nobody slimier than Sharpton.

1 Like

Most of us have met and hated that kid.

10 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

21 Likes

Really? What makes you say that?

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

11 Likes

Whether or not Sharpton had the makings of a good President he was absolutely correct in noting he had a decades-long record of political activism and social policy. Certainly far more political experience than either Ramaswamy or the last Republican Presidential candidate.

22 Likes

see also: Obama taking a big shit on Trump at the Correspondents Dinner. Not Turmp’s origin (he’d been a villain for a while) but definitely his 2nd-movie-in-the-trilogy upping of stakes.

What is is about being humiliated by a black man that makes these fellows suddenly feel like they need to take over the world I wonder…

I was gonna embed a story, but the collection of video titles on the google results expresses it pretty well.

14 Likes

Nobody could be wronger than this opinion. Sharpton is hardly sweetness and light, but does he have to be? He has been involved in repeated episodes of white supremacist assholery, fighting for the rights of minority people all over the country. If he does meet your standard of nicety, well,

the dude your opinion GIF

19 Likes
18 Likes

I’m gonna keep doing this, so get used to it.

14 Likes

After the numerous biblical seals we’ve seen opened within the last half-decade: what, genuinely, provokes that knee-jerk reaction? People always seem honor-bound to make a point of it.

4 Likes

we see his face contorted into a fixed grimace of repressed anger and humiliation.

Hmm. Contorted faces of this type are clearly in the eye of the beholder. I could not see this.

(Which is not to say this guy is not a total fuckwit, but “a fixed grimace of repressed anger and humiliation”? Really?)

6 Likes

the title of the the cnn embed really tells the whole sad story of the american news media’s failures and collapse and an example of murc’s law in action, to wit-- only democrats have agency in american politics.

your comment, regrettably, says many more things about you than it does of the target of your invective. in a time of trump, desantis, and clarence thomas any comparison of sliminess outside that trio definitely requires a great deal of proof and attribution.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.