The monstrous truth about angels

Oooh, that little face!

And I’ve seen some scholars suggest that even the enumeration of animals, particularly the oxen and the ass, in the story of Jesus’ birth were coded references to Set and Horus, I think. The symbolism being about enemies reconciled in this new religion. The references end up being fractal…

5 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

Who would win?

Depends. Does the depressed kid have access to a giant robot through which to channel his angst and rage?

7 Likes

Love how you are using pre-OSX MacOs! On an iBook!

5 Likes

Aw, thanks! Yes, PageMaker 6.52 and Photoshop 4 on a 1999 MacBook running Mac OS 9.2.2. I convert the graphics to bitmap PICT files to get that 1980s aesthetic for the 'zine. And PageMaker remains a total pleasure to do DTP in.

9 Likes

Ammut has kept it safe, but I suppose she’d eat it were it naughty. :smiley:

I was unaware of that book until now.

1 Like

She is desperately cute :slight_smile:

Fractal references would be hard to read, I’d imagine.

1 Like

Don’t forget the giant robot contains the soul of his dead mother as well.

2 Likes

I remember Jack Webb did a short-lived series in the late 1970s, PROJECT U.F.O., which opened with Jack Webb doing the following voice-over:

“Ezekiel saw the wheel. This [UFO diagrams] is the wheel he said he saw. These are Unidentified Flying Objects that people say they are seeing now. Are they proof that we are being visited by civilizations from other stars? Or just what are they? The United States Air Force began an investigation of this high strangeness in a search for the truth. What you are about to see is part of that 20-year search.”

2 Likes

As soon as they started showing images of Old Testament angels, I immediately thought of NEON GENESIS EVANGELION.

3 Likes

Could this have been what Ezekiel saw?

5 Likes

That pallet at the bottom is what taught me carpentry math. It was so much less fiddly than mouse-based work back in the day. I later “mastered” Quark, and even came to appreciate the areas where it surpassed PageMaker, but Aldus will always be my first love.

3 Likes

In the film Vision – From the Life of Hildegard von Bingen, mortals are her chief problem.

4 Likes

Aren’t they always?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.