The Moscow Marge trio: Paul Goser joins Greene in her mission to oust Speaker Johnson

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/19/the-moscow-marge-trio-paul-goser-joins-greene-in-her-mission-to-oust-speaker-johnson.html

3 Likes

Won’t they also need the vote from Johnson to elect the new speaker, if they oust him?

4 Likes

They might only need one member to bring it to a vote, but I think they need a majority to actually vote him out. I don’t think they’re all united here and I don’t think the Democrats are likely to help this time. Sure, they were on board when the previous weasel of a speaker reneged on his deal with the Democrats.

I don’t think any sane member of congress is anticipating a better outcome from electing a new speaker from the current party of majority than the last few nomination processes. Well, no new household appliance bills would be tabled until a new speaker gets sorted out, yay, but, what with all the recent wholly manufactured debt ceiling crises, etc, the adults in the room might not want to try their luck and oust the current speaker.

Maybe as it gets closer to election time there might be more Republicans seeing the writing on the wall (I think Trump’s grift is effectively kneecapping the party) and the stable Democratic option could be in play.

Anyone else keep reading his name as Gozer?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.