The most, er, inspiring interview with a football star you will ever watch

[Read the post]

1 Like

I’ve always been a big fan of Richard Sherman, actually… he gives amazing interviews, too.

11 Likes

A little illustrative video of this:

4 Likes

Get a hold a Lewis Lapham’s Quarterly, Volume 1, Number 1, Winter 2008. States of War

First: Commander Tim Collins remarks to his soldiers, Kuwait 2003
then: Patton’s address to his soldiers, East Anglia, 1944

1 Like

…this has been your Moment of Zen for Monday, June 27, 2016.

4 Likes

He comes from the Rorschach school of running backs: “None of you seem to understand: You think you’re going to hit me, actually I’m going to hit you”

I was really happy about the publicity that his comments got about owners funding their own damn stadiums. I can’t imagine the owners were too happy about that, so good on him.

6 Likes

He’s a treasure… his reaction to being called a “thug” was on point… Also, this was adorable.

4 Likes

“I’m here so I won’t get fined.”

1 Like

If you want a picture of the future, imagine Marshawn Lynch running through a human face, over and over and over and over and over and over.

6 Likes

Because everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

2 Likes

Marshawn is probably my favorite player of all-time. Off the field, he is extremely generous. His foundation does great things in his beloved hometown of Oakland. On the field, he was probably the hardest back to bring down since Jim Brown. His punishing style would leave defenders battered, and their will broken. So…he’s right.

1 Like

I want to see this guy on Celebrity Jeopardy!

In the bag of tricks I have to put a smile on my face or lighten my mood, I have a few from Marshawn.

Marshawn riding the whip

and

Marshawn and Gronk on Conan leading up to their teams facing off in the super bowl

and

The Skittle presser
This one is a lot funnier if you have followed all the press conference shenanigans by the NFL, sports media, and Marshawn leading up to it.

Marshawn is a tremendous athlete, one of the best RBs to hit the field, and a beautiful forthright soul.

Roll on Beastmode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.