The most loved and hated TV finales, charted

Yeah, I never read them (obviously) maybe I should one day…

Still, a terrible ending for a pretty fun show!

It was terribly rushed, but I still enjoy the last season. And Andy Hallett passed from a heart problem (the green guy).

1 Like

What about the finales of Blackadder Goes Forth and Only Fools and Horses (before they ruined that one with follow-on specials?).

See also Red Dwarf, Series VI (unless you’re @OtherMichael).

Angel? I gave up on that quickly. Never liked Angel in Buffy (although, compared to that Riley tosser…), but I didn’t like them killing off (looks it up quickly) Doyle, and Channel 4 butchered it to get it on early evening TV. The editing was dire.

Yeah, I remember that… its been making it bitter-sweet for me as I re-watch the series now.

He’s so good! :’(

#There’s gonna be another Blackout!

Or Sledge Hammer, season 1.

The whole last season of LOST still pisses off me and the wife, as does the last 3 episodes of The Prisoner. Well, those annoy her; I just find them problematic. (not LOST, that season should be removed from continuity.)

1 Like

I feel bad for The Sopranos, but I know I’m in the minority on that one.

I feel worse for Breaking Bad - when your average is that high it’s hard for your final episode to shine much more brightly…

god i adored that show. it definitely was off the rails by the last season or two, when the pallindos were not involved. but some things still worked for me, and by that time i cared about every single character in the whole damn town too much to give up on it. that flashback episode was really amazing. so skillfully done.

what, the poodles already?

1 Like

the newhart finale set the bar. most other shows can only aspire to it. i will say that the breaking bad finale comes very very close for me.

2 Likes

<3 Thank You. I was feeling so lonely about my total adoration for Gilmore Girls!

2 Likes

This makes me care even less about ratings on IMDB. The finale for Star Trek: Voyager being higher than that for DS9? Trekkie, please.

2 Likes

The end of Six Feet Under was perfect… (the last 6 minutes).

Spoilers, if you haven’t seen it:

Keith’s death still kills me… He was the best character on that show.

1 Like

to be fair, that last voyager was pretty good. but yeah, ain’t no way it would top DS9.

And All Good Things… was a below-average episode of TNG?

Enterprise FTW!

Um, where’s “The Prisoner”? One of the most gonzo, controversial endings to a critically acclaimed series. Series: 8.7; last episode (Fall Out): 8.1; penultimate episode (Once Upon a Time), which goes with it: 8.1.

It was totally nuts, but really not much more so than the rest of the series. I also love that the “OMG the person behind the mask is ME!” scene was ripped off for both (1980s space opera) The Empire Strikes Back and (current HBO drama) the Season 5 Finale of Game of Thrones.

(Edited for more specific spoiler warnings)

1 Like

@jlw - what about St. Elsewhere?

4 Likes

Not there yet.

3 Likes

What you need is a count of swearwords per tweet about the show immediately after the finale.

And, what happened in the finale of Everybody Loves Raymond? Did his wife finally smother Raymond with a pillow? I hope so.

2 Likes

Having watched it all, the last season was terrible. You can tell the showrunner wasn’t around any more.