The Mueller report, thumbnailed for redaction appreciation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/18/the-mueller-report-thumbnaile.html

4 Likes

Is it just me or does it kind of look like a DNA profile?

dna-profile

24 Likes

It does. It’s actually not as bad as my mind envisioned when looking at it this way. Now I don’t think anything should be redacted at all but this 10,000 ft view is better than my imagination had it.

9 Likes

When it’s presented this way, it doesn’t look bad at all. Of course, Rep. Nadler might disagree.

2 Likes

47 Likes

Score%20ten

18 Likes

Having made many DNA and protein blots/assays over the years that was exactly my first thought. DNA evidence, perhaps?

4 Likes

There’s a couple decent reasons for things to be redacted: if there are ongoing investigations into some of the people listed, and if there were people investigated who were not indicted, there’s potential damage to see them listed. So yeah, the public shouldn’t see it all… but Congress should.

8 Likes

Except that the President was not indicted.

1 Like

More like some other stain

4 Likes

We need to replace the redactions with blanks and create some fun new MadLibs.
I see a weekend project here…

4 Likes
2 Likes

As Mueller made clear in the report, the President was not indicted by Mueller because it was not Mueller’s job to indict the president: per DOJ guidelines, he had no authority to indict the president.

Mueller also made clear that his report is an impeachment referral.

5 Likes

That’s not relevant. Otherwise, I totally agree.

I’m not sure what you think it’s not relevant to. The reason Trump was not indicted is not because there was a lack of evidence to support an indictment, but because Mueller’s orders included not indicting him.

Or are you arguing that any derogatory information about Trump himself must now be made public because he is not the current target of an indictment?

2 Likes

I wonder if the scientists that generated that black hole photo using only a fraction of sampled data could generate the complete Mueller report from this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.