The mystery of the missing heart

@orenwolf, @codinghorror

I noticed a few BB threads that are missing the little heart… any idea what’s happening there? It doesn’t seem like all, only some?

Here are a couple of examples of the missing heart…

Others are seeing the little heart… I’m on firefox on a desktop.

Here is one from @thomdunn that has it:

8 Likes

on one of the same threads from above i see the heart–

i’m using chrome on a windows 10 laptop.

4 Likes

I’m also getting this error, on my Samsung tablet with both Chrome and stock (Chromium mod) browsers.

ETA:

4 Likes

I see it too on some topics. Windows 10 desktop, Firefox.

4 Likes

Here’s another that’s fine…

And another that’s not…

Both posted within the last hour.

2 Likes

Just jumping in to say please keep the ability to like the contributor posts if fixing this raises the question of whether or not to. I like that we can do that little bit and make an effort to like topics when I think they’re interesting, fun, make a good commentary etc. There’s a lot of negative feedback in general. On the BBS, on the internet, in… life. It’s nice to be able to communicate something positive.

11 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’re investigating.

9 Likes

Welp… now I can’t like this comment?

The fuck?

Thanks! Let us know what you guys discover. It seems like a weird glitch.

5 Likes

That’s odd, I got the option to Like that. Whatever it is doesn’t seem to be consistent.

4 Likes

Now I can see it…

1 Like

That is very odd:

And it can happen on any post, not just the first post?

Does this problem persist if you switch browsers, or if you refresh the page?

2 Likes

Let’s see… Just clicked on this one… here is what I saw:

Whoops! Sorry! I thought I posted the screenshot! I did indeed see it as above, with no heart or flag icon!

On refresh:

So yes, it changes with a refresh for me… no flag icon, though in either? This is the same story from above… now I can see it?

But no flag icon again.

All still in Firefox for me on a lappy…

I looked on Chromium, but don’t have time to log in there right now and do a check to see if I’m getting the same issue. Just viewing it not logged in, I can see the heart, etc, though.

1 Like

I think we’ve found the problem, can y’all try refreshing the page? The :heart: button should re-appear, we think!

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! I’ll let you know if I see it going forward and refresh doesn’t work.

Yeah sorry about all this. 100% our bug. Apologies.

3 Likes

Just thought you should know… Thanks for the fix!

3 Likes

tumblr_m2nwq1E5Df1r27g2yo1_500

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.