The New Doctor Lands

They’re building it up like he is somewhat mad. Maybe they will do a Poe episode.

2 Likes

I liked Eccleston for one main reason and a few others: he was straight up action hero, no fusting around. He didn’t fancifulize his lines, didn’t sugarcoat his antagonism of the Daleks, didn’t over-emotionalize anything, even his love for Rose. He GOT THE JOB DONE. The other guys were very amusing entertainers, incl most of the old doctors. I did enjoy them each, did enjoy their wordplay and goofiness. Eccleston is my favorite, though, a totally different character and, to me, the most lovable of all of them.

Just watch this. He doesn’t mince.

3 Likes

I like David Tennant as the Doctor a lot, even admitting that he wasn’t great at the darker stuff either. He is just a pleasure to watch, and really inhabited the character well.

Well, you know, compare Tennant’s romance with Rose and then how that subtly (and not so subtly) affected his relationship with subsequent companions to how Smith did something similar in the latest season (avoiding Clara). A big part of it is the writing and story structure, obviously, but Tennant is also just plain a better actor when it comes to truly internalizing stuff like that.

2 Likes

Considering that his new outfit (images are out there) includes a Crombie coat and Dr. Martens, you can guess the tone might be a bit more serious (than trainers, a bow tie, and a fez). At one point, I seem to remember an interview where he talked about bringing the Doctor back toward the original doctor who (as an alien) was standoffish and hadn’t quite decided he liked humans at all yet. The thing is, that doesn’t mean it won’t be funny. Peter Capaldi is incredibly funny when he’s being dark, bleak, rude, and generally insulting!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.