The new Ron DeSantis swaps the word 'woke' for 'narrative' and utters it over — and over — and over again (video)

Originally published at: The new Ron DeSantis swaps the word 'woke' for 'narrative' and utters it over — and over — and over again (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Ron Howard Voiceover: “DeSantis’ attempt to blame the narrator was unsuccessful. And honestly pretty mean.”

19 Likes

I assume he’s been attacked already on the right, as his refusal to say “woke” is an indication he’s now woke.

10 Likes

So RonRon finally realized he hadn’t flipped his Word-A-Day calendar for over a year. Good for him.

11 Likes

Obvious attempt to shore up his poll numbers with the independents who trend Republican but who despise the identity politics the GOP ram down people’s throats. Woke works with a small base, no one else.

9 Likes

What his people still don’t understand is that he’s running a Very Online campaign that appeals only to people who understand his code words. Whether the word is “woke,” or “narrative,” unless you’re on Reddit or 4Chan or Twitter for hours each day, you’ll have no idea what he’s talking about.

4 Likes

i don’t care what kind of education he received. at his core, he is a f**n idiot. in addition to being a soul-less, fascist, hypocritical dirtbag.

7 Likes

When anyone else uses ‘narrative’ it probably means ‘narrative’

When Wrong DeSantis says ‘narrative’ it means ‘the truth I refuse to recognise’.

9 Likes

Last I checked, DeSantis is pushing his own narrative, so who the f%&k is he to talk.

4 Likes

Genuinely surprised that someone who gives every appearance of never having read a book knows the word ‘narrative’.

5 Likes

Is it “the Jews”? It is normally “the Jews” with that crowd.

3 Likes

At this point, they’re lumping in POC, mouthy broads and LGBTQ+ in with “the Jews”. Everyone who isn’t a white, cis-het , moneyed, “christian” male. Christian is in quotes because these people do not walk the walk.

5 Likes

You don’t have to follow them. I didn’t. You are also free to ignore posts that include such links.

1 Like

Came here to say Morgan Freeman, but if Ron Howard has the ball, he should run with it.

2 Likes

… something something Gilbert Gottfried

1 Like

Luckily, what he doesn’t understand is that those people are just not a big voting block, even if they seem like one when you, too, are very online.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.