The New York Times' pro-Trump Democrat voter was the famed fraudster who put a severed finger in her chili

My wife and I freaked out when that story broke. We lived in San Jose and would get taco salad from Wendy’s like once a week as some moderately health fast food choice that we both liked. We actually dug around minutes after the story broke to figure out where that particular Wendy’s was located and were relieved we didn’t get any finger chili. I was telling my wife (girlfriend at the time), “It’s got to have gotten into the ground beef at the meat packing plant. But you’d think if someone got injured they would have reported it and stopped the line?”

We shouldn’t have been shocked that it was a hoax, but we were. I guess the thought never crossed our mind that someone would have fabricated the entire thing. Naive us I guess.

Today I’m pleased to see that the NYT finds the best characters for their story.

2 Likes

I think either Dan Rowan or Dick Martin was the one who said it (relying on mumble years old memories of Laugh-In).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.