The New York Times' pro-Trump Democrat voter was the famed fraudster who put a severed finger in her chili

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/26/the-new-york-times-pro-trump-democrat-voter-turns-out-to-the-famed-fraudster-who-put-a-severed-finger-in-her-chili.html

18 Likes

She’s voting for Putin’s Pick, because: In Soviet Russia, Chili Fingers You!

30 Likes

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Chili wash out a Word of it.”

Oh Mark, I Am

24 Likes

She received a chili reception after her comment polled at a single digit.

48 Likes

Just another reason single digit leads are deceptive.

26 Likes

Alternate headline:
“The only person we found who claimed that they had switched from Biden to Trump was a serial fabulist who had filed numerous scam lawsuits, and used a friend’s severed finger to commit fraud”

Felons of a feather, flock together?

32 Likes

The Fickle Finger of Fake!

22 Likes

I know they’re referred to as “The Gray Lady,” but they sure trip on their own dick a lot lately.

15 Likes

Excuse me, it was the FLYING Fickle Finger of Fake! (Laugh In)

12 Likes

You bet your sweet bippy!

10 Likes

I think we already knew that Donald Trump had the grifter demographic firmly locked down. That’s not news, NYT.

14 Likes

Such polish! You nailed it.

13 Likes

LOL! Gloriously slumming at the BoingBoing Salon.

6 Likes

What’s a bippy?

No luck finding a gif of Goldie Hawn saying that

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s about the level of ethics I would assume from anyone who would casually adopt fascism because of some fearmongering non-issue that Fox News planted in their empty head. Assuming any of that is true and she wasn’t a Trumper from day one, which I have no reason to believe.

8 Likes

Convicted food adulteration fraudster who can’t vote seems like a very minor political constituency to canvass for even an informal poll

8 Likes

It means “ass”. Or “butt”. It’s a minced oath of sorts, an invented word that sounds funny.

2 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

9 Likes

Thank you for the serious answer, but I know. I was quoting the next line of the bit, as per the spoiler.

4 Likes

Popping over to the Wikipedia page linked in the post, I see the NYT themselves had written about this woman’s severed finger scam.

I guess they didn’t think to search their own website…

3 Likes