Trump voter fraudsters sentenced to 50 hours of community service

Originally published at: Trump voter fraudsters sentenced to 50 hours of community service | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Trump voter fraudsters sentenced to 50 hours of community service?

20 Likes

These guys are obviously with Antifa. Trump patriots would never cheat.

5 Likes

From what I read on both cases, the one about the two men from Florida getting a slap on the wrist, as well as from Ms Mason of Texas, this is more about how criminal cases are handled in the US. In the FL cases, the defendants accepted a plea deal, while in the TX case, the defendant apparently went to trial. What this shows is that the idea of ‘innocent until proven guilty’ is a myth, just like the treasonous Confederate’s ‘lost cause’, etc.

Coins and paper currency in the US needs to lose the ‘In God We Trust’ and replace it with ‘In Myths We Trust’.

3 Likes

I wonder how long the alt-right would last if every aspect of our culture stopped treating them with kid gloves for even a week. I’ve said it before, it’s not just white privilege, it’s also right privilege. They routinely get away with stuff leftists, white or otherwise, would be absolutely castigated for.

19 Likes

That low sentence is bullshittingly low.

9 Likes

You say potato, I say pahtahto.

10 Likes

See how easy it is to fall in to their narrative? I fully agree with your point here, but flag the use of “leftist” to describe anyone who finds That Smirking Turtle to be too moderate.

In the real world, the contemporary Democratic Party is not at all “leftist” in the globally understood meaning of that word.

Again, Republicans murder language.

4 Likes

When I say “leftist”, I was more referring to the people who actually go out and protest and try to make meaningful change. In my experience, they’re part of the Democratic Party only because no actual leftist party exists. I would consider myself a leftist, and I don’t consider that to be a bad thing even if Republicans do.

12 Likes

I agree!

Skipping over the part where prosecutors offered a plea deal of just 50 hours community service to the white men that intentionally committed voter fraud, but (according to the prosecutors) offered a plea deal of 10 years probation to Mason for an accident that produced a provisional ballot that was never counted seems like a hell of an omission.

11 Likes

Biden can’t even pardon Crystal Mason, because her “crime” was state and not federal.

Yep, I hear ya, and want to add that I really appreciate the fact that Mason took it to trial, too. Good on her, and I’m sorry about the outcome. That really sucked.

1 Like

That is white privilige though, very few POC from any part of the political spectrum will get the same treatment, leftists tend not to agree with white supremacy*, and therefor, aren’t accorded the same treatment.

*very broad generalization, not always true, not always conciously.

Remember when Crystal Mason was sentenced to five years in prison for illegally casting a provisional ballot?

I dunno what’s so confusing. Seems pretty black and white to me.

6 Likes

Thank you for mentioning Crystal Mason. :pray:t3:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.