County supervisor's wife convicted of 52 counts of voting fraud

Originally published at: County supervisor's wife convicted of 52 counts of voting fraud | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Once again, my assumption about the crooks’ party affiliation is validated without it being given away in the hed or lede.

32 Likes

Every accusation etc etc

26 Likes

When it comes to voter fraud that actually accomplish something, it’s smaller local elections. Never has it effect a national election (that I know of, and certainly not in modern times.)

And they get caught so often in local elections because it is easier to spot things not jiving with only a few thousand (or hundred) votes.

15 Likes

It’s amazing that people will throw their lives away for something as incredibly low stakes as a country supervisor position.

Also, who wants to bet that she doesn’t see the irony in railing against the election being “stolen” from Trump whilst trying to actually steal an election herself?

27 Likes

No need to throw the book at her, I have some compassion. I’d be okay with her just getting 1 year per count but served consecutively.

My cynical guess is that she will get 10 months jail time, 3 years probation and 100 hours of community service. And a stern wagging of the finger not to ever try to subvert democracy again.

10 Likes

As a Republican Wife; shouldn’t Mrs Taylor’s husband be held to account as her responsible adult? :thinking:

24 Likes

Desperate people do desperate things, thinking that would put them one step ahead. People (and animals) do things without much thinking or weighting the risks, often lead people to doing less than honest things. These people and the party is in desperate position.

4 Likes

“But it’s okay if the right people do it, because we know… in our hearts, because there’s no objectively-verifiable proof… that the wrong people are doing it so it’s okay!”

The balloon-animals these maniacs twist logic and the facts into are… depressingly complex.

13 Likes

I’m sure this was uncovered by one of those republican-led voter fraud investigations, right? :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

In the old days, she’d have tearfully declared that she had made a mistake but Jesus had forgiven her.

Now, I expect her to deny doing anything wrong and claim that she was framed by the Deep State and the Biden crime family.

13 Likes

But, but, she’s somebodies child! Can’t we leave the children out of this?

6 Likes

Hopefully to be spent in going door-to-door in the community whose votes she hijacked, canvassing for voter registration.

4 Likes

As a woman who voted and the child of a woman who possibly voted at some point, she understands the sacred bond between a woman who votes and a woman who votes and is a voting woman’s child.

The way I see her seeing it, you can’t really leave the children out of it, but you can’t really bring them in to it either since even if they don’t vote themselves, they’re only one degree of separation from someone who might vote and might be a woman. Best you can do is keep them in a particle-free, low humidity environment like an IKEA warehouse or a panic room humidor and try to make sure they’re still crispy when Mammon demands a sacrifice.

4 Likes

There was a woman in Texas (a felon who had served her time but not yet paid all the fines she owed) who voted illegally after being incorrectly instructed by the local election officials. She got seven years for one count. Let’s just watch what they do here.

10 Likes

Holy fudge! :scream:

Edit: I thought, I wonder if there were any special circumstances taken into account by the Texan Judge when handing down the draconian sentence…

Pictured: the defendant

8 Likes

Fortunately, she was granted an appeal, but I can’t seem to find the outcome anywhere. Perhaps it’s still ongoing?

5 Likes

As @euansmith showed, here is a handy image showing what we already know.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.