The next four years in one GIF

True. I sit here chastened.

But (always a ‘but’, right?) I do think it’s worth remembering that “annoying” can be really effective. Far more effective than survivalist wet dreams about holding the power of tyranny at bay with their stash of ARs.

6 Likes

And that’s another point well made. Passive resistance is a time-proven technique of peaceful social change.

Have you … changed your opinion?

4 Likes

Oh, don’t get me wrong; I agree that actually doing ‘something’ beats doing absolutely ‘nothing,’ any day of the week.

I just don’t think trying to make such a point to an alleged long time “lurker” is an efficient use if one’s time or energy.

Save it for stuff (and people) that actually matters.

8 Likes

More like “the next 15-25 years.” These next 2-3 SCOTUS appointees are going to change everything. (Which is to say, change everything back.)

Plus, reapportionment after the 2020 census would have been an opportunity to ameliorate the Republican 2010 apportionment.

11 Likes

1 Like

You know, I’ve hardly ever been in the vicinity of such accusations, although I’m sure they certainly apply to all of us on some level. It must just be your bad luck to be around so many accusations of bigotry. That must be tough.

13 Likes

I now feel like a human being can reasonably act this way:

4 Likes

I recommend that he turn slightly to the left and face the corner. It would be just that tiny bit more interesting.

Personally, I think this is a much more accurate one:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Until you can get conservatives to stop believing fake news and start realizing Trump ripped them off with false promises it will be the same ol’ same ol’ for another four years, perhaps eight. Protesting can’t change policy, it can only change public awareness and opinion, which in turn can change policy at the ballot box. Unfortunately a peaceful protest will be called a “riot” by Fox News and we’re back to square one. Until someone finds a way to force a “Winston Smith moment” on clueless conservatives, where they suddenly realize “hey, my taxes went up, and my health insurance got cancelled, and my town doesn’t even have any Muslims or Mexicans!” nothing will really change.

If there’s a domestic terrorist attack, if the economy falters, if ISIS is victorious, Fox News will be there with excuses to support Trump, and half the populace will be promoting it around the water cooler at work.

11 Likes

Sad (and scary), but true.

6 Likes

I don’t know, I pictured the next four years being a bit more Dystopian Reality Show…

At least there’s a spot for Chris Christie

14 Likes

Forget Fox News, the cowards at CNN will be there with excuses in those scenarios.

5 Likes

To be fair, Arnold is hosting the new celebrity apprentice now.

7 Likes

But on NPR this morning, they rightfully pointed out that Trump made his claims about illegal voting on no evidence what so ever. NPR isn’t perfect, but it’s doing better than everyone else right now.

11 Likes

I agree with most of what you have said. Then we need to be better and do things that work.

Oh, is that all?

1 Like

Yes, we need training.