The NSA tweeted a response to Tucker Carlson's claim that the agency is spying on him

Originally published at: The NSA tweeted a response to Tucker Carlson's claim that the agency is spying on him | Boing Boing

14 Likes

pur up or shut up, Swanson.
bring the goods or GTFO

20 Likes

Clearly, his brain is as dry and calcified as a shriveled-up tv-dinner brownie.

27 Likes

There are no good guys in this story.

20 Likes

This is like how the FBI’s won’t comment on any investigation they may or may not be running-- “Ah HA! Their denial proves that I am under suspicion!”

7 Likes

What kind of monstrous government agency would center-align two full paragraphs of text like that?

43 Likes

tenor-9

29 Likes

“Tucker Carlson has never been an intelligent target…”

FIFY

48 Likes

“WhAt GoOd Is YoUr FiNe ArTs DeGrEe??”

Well, I know enough to make this text more readable with one simple trick.

11 Likes

The truth doesn’t matter to this BS artist. His audience of mouth-breathers are already riled up about the woke deep state going after him.

16 Likes

NSA: “You’re just not that interesting.”

23 Likes

They’re coming for you Tucker…. Can’t you hear them giggling at night? They’re listening…

Joe Biden bugged your phone, and your toothbrush, and your microwave, and you know your favourite bow tie? Direct line to Oval Office…

9 Likes

monitoring our electronic communications

It’s a TV show, isn’t that the idea?

17 Likes

The sad thing is, ever since the Five Eyes leaks came out, its pretty well known that while the NSA can’t legally spy on its own citizens, it has been exchanging information with other foreign agencies that also cannot spy on their own citizens, so that now everyone can be under surveillance and yet allow various TLAs to sustain plausible deniability that they are somehow still obeying the law.

8 Likes

Another possibility is his data is coming up in exchanges with foreigners the NSA is allowed to monitor. This may be a preemptive attempt to turn legal oversight into something shady.

Which is not to say the NSA’s choice of foreign targets is necessarily OK – the US casts a wide net sometimes as far as both good and bad guys, and without more evidence, it’s hard to say what is really going on.

1 Like

Carlson is a creepy white nationalist, but he might be right that the NSA is spying on him. It is probably intercepting and analyzing millions of Americans’ communications. The agency likely declared a secret emergency years ago that gives it the green light to eavesdrop on everyone

8 Likes

I think I saw something elsewhere that he may not be under surveillance but some of the people he communicates with are. So what individuals of the foreign persuasion is the frozen food heir chatting with? The NYTimes ran a piece about how he loves to leak information to drive his on-air narrative. It’s not like he’s a journalist or following any ethical framework: he’s an entertainer.

10 Likes

His wig has a wire.

7 Likes

Basically, if he had evidence (which I doubt) it would be evidence that this “whistleblower” hacked him, not NSA.

And if he is completely fabricating this, why not make it more believable: blame the FBI not the NSA.

I’m dying to know what emails he claims were intercepted: Amazon confirmation letters for a gimp mask?

But yeah, Carlson seems to be hitting an inflection point. Crazy sells. But Too Much Crazy sells too much, and you go bye-bye like Glenn Beck. Is this the beginning of the end for Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson?

2 Likes

One would think the NSA had created enough orphans already.

5 Likes