The Obi-Wan finale was pretty much perfect

'Cause that boy done got SCHOOLED.

I think Obi-Wan even changed the radio station presets on Vader’s chest thingy just to add insult to grievous injury.

7 Likes

Man, he thumped on that chest panel with the butt end of the lightsaber!

2 Likes

Weekend at Obi’s?

2 Likes

1 Like

i’m convinced it was a deliberate reference to Rebels.

Yes, Ahsoka got ½ Vader’s helmet off and almost reached Anakin. Obi-Wan got ½ the helmet off and got told to piss the fuck off. Luke got the helmet off and now his mass murderer of the younglings dad is forgiven.

Dude hacked up several crowds of kids it seems.

3 Likes

But you have to look at it from his perspective:

2 Likes

Hands down it totally was. Hayden even admitted to prep for Vader and that fight specifically he studied Vader’s appearances in Rebels and his fight with Ahsoka. Lucas along time ago set up that “star wars beats always rhyme” so I am glad to see they are keeping that in place.

3 Likes

Know what’s gonna be really awkward? Qui-Gon catching up with Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon: Obi! How you been, man? I like the beard on you!
Obi-Wan: Ha ha, yes! Well, it sure has been a while.
Qui-Gon: No kidding! Hey, how did things work out with Anakin? Did you train him to be a Jedi like I asked?
Obi-Wan: Oh… yes. Well, we had some ups and downs.
Qui-Gon: [Chuckles] Yes, those younglings sure can be a challenge. And how is Master Windu? I hope he didn’t give you too hard of a time on your first teaching assignment!
Obi-Wan: He took a… hands off approach.

8 Likes

they managed to emphasize vader calling him master, the whole “i killed anakin thing”, and old obi calling him “darth”. not to mention leia being told to never mention knowing him to anyone… all to plaster over the story starting with episode 3.

im stuck somewhere between appreciating the effort and being annoyed at them needing to make things so pat

1 Like

With the amount of whining about “breaking canon!” from the neckbeards I kind of figured it was necessary.

4 Likes

I think it was since the kids were both royalty and potentially Force sensitive, they were separated to keep them away from agents of the Empire who’d use them as political pawns, and away from Vader, who would train them as Sith. Splitting them up so an heir is more likely to survive might have been the thinking. Also, if they raised twins, Vader might someday muse on, gee, that royal family is raising twins who would be the exact same age as the kids I would have had if Padme lived…

1 Like

So a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away there wasn’t an ultrasound machine? But interstellar travel measured in minutes is. Canon is blowing holes in believability.

1 Like

To be fair, when that scene happened he was more of a generic villain who had directly killed as many of his own men as good guys in the movies. (Technically Tarkin gave the order to fire the Death Star). So not knowing the specifics, his redemption was both rooted for and satisfying. At least as a kid, that logic wasn’t even an issue, really.

Only later when we see how evil Vader actually was is when we get a little uncomfortable seeing him in Space Heaven.

neither their empire nor ours have ever been great at maternal health. i mean the star wars doctors think she died of heartbreak for goodness sake.

and anakin? he knows so little about child birth he was sacrificing younglings and sandkidlings to the force gods in the hopes that’d save her

:person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Im still making my way through Clone Wars, listening to the excellent A More Civilized Age podcast to accompany the very uneven show, so I haven’t gotten to rebels yet .

I guess rather than an original image I can give this show credit for, I can add it to the list of things it cribbed from cartoons and video games that did them better.

Austin Walker FTW! I miss him every week on Waypoint Radio

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.