The Onion has exclusive information from Jaime Phillips about Roy Moore’s sexual indiscretions

I’m not used to having to read an Onion story several times before being able to ‘get it’

1 Like

I thought the Post’s story was funny enough. Down right hilarious. Kind of hoping for a few, HOW DARE YOU comments but no luck.

I agree, although some of the doings this year have gone beyond what The Onion have so far conjured up.

1 Like

ETA: I don’t know how to make my gifs move :cry:

I think it doesn’t work because satire needs to be both similar to the thing it’s satirizing, but different in a way that makes a statement. So the Onion can satirize real news, because it looks like real news but isn’t.
But the Onion is fake news. It can’t satirize fake news.

1 Like

Wiggle your head back and forth just a little, but very fast.

6 Likes

So this is ‘faux fake news’ then?
Colour me confused. Or really, in these troubling times, just paint it black; that’ll do too.

This is not necessarily a good (or event funny) thing, this will be used by the right to claim the left is creating ‘fake news’ and the morons who follow the right will use this to justify their position.

I love it The Onion has stepped up their game!
And they have had to with all the surreal things this political cycle has …

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.