The Onion wishes to speak to Michael Cohen about the angry email he sent them in 2013

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/22/the-onion-wishes-to-speak-to-m.html

10 Likes

The Onion ought to sue the Administration for making satire redundant.

33 Likes

trump probably wrote that and signed cohens name

9 Likes

I’m afraid those at The Onion have really fucked themselves. Not because of the satire they published, nor because they disregarded Cohen’s demand. But because they ignored the fucking disclaimer!!

This email message, and any attachments to it, are for the sole use of the intended recipients…

Shit, they’ve really gone and done it now…

12 Likes

What’s real? What’s fake? I can’t tell anymore!

6 Likes

Welcome to the post-satire world. From where I sit, America has been post-satire ever since George W Bush took office.

7 Likes

I’d love to see someone try to argue in court that satire isn’t an expected use by the intended recipient. Giggles for weeks.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Now everyone is going to want $130k to shut up.

4 Likes

“Guide yourself accordingly.”

Guide yourself accordingly??

FUCK!! YOU!!

1 Like

The Onion got an angry email?

6 Likes

I missed that article when it originally hit the internet. I’m happy to be able to read it now. Thank you, Onion.

And if my death in 15 or 20 years feels like it’s too far in the future to wash away your blues, you can take heart knowing that I’ll start to physically and mentally deteriorate well before then. Why, by 2020, I, a man who recently tried to extort the sitting president of the United States to release his college and passport records, might even begin to show signs of serious and unavoidable decline in mental and physical faculties, and doesn’t that just perk your spirits right up? Just imagine me shuffling along, hunched forward, with a noticeably shortened gait and perpetually haggard face. Heck, that might happen by the end of this decade!

4 Likes

No way. It is way too coherent, correctly spelled and lacking LOTS OF CAPS!!!

5 Likes

The letter is real. Everything else is fake (like the president, the country…)

3 Likes

You can have a gun or you can have a brain; obviously you can’t have both.

Note the “I hereby demand”. (From Trump’s recent tweet, we can observe not-so-great minds think alike.)

Also note that Cohen’s email has the laughably unenforceable boilerplate at the end about non-disclosure. You send me unsolicited emails, then demand I keep it confidential? Sad! Funny!

Note that The Onion kept trolling Cohen on Twitter all day, and had a follow-up article (which seems just like the article-version of its Twitter trolling):

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.