The original cover art for The Amazing Spider-Man #100 has a high bid of $190,000

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/09/the-original-cover-art-for-the.html

Sure it’s amazing, but is it $190,000 amazing? (no)

Does some comic nerd want to explain why Kingpin appears to be on there twice? Did he have a one-eyed clone or a robot duplicate that just smoked its cigarettes at a slightly different angle?

1 Like

A few weird things:

• You’ll notice there’s a big, empty swipe running from the lower-left corner slightly up ant to the right.
  • A helmet (original Beetle armor?) appears twice right next together.
  • The lower-right Kingpin has 1 eye, a shiny helmet, and a stylized eye on his collar.

Why? all the same reason:

They knew a big text banner was going to be there somewhere. They just needed enough to appear behind it. The second Kingpin was actually turned into the visible part of Mysterio.

4 Likes

Man when I started collecting, not even the highest conditioned samples of Action #1 went for this much. I shoulda spent all my comic money on old stuff.

1 Like

Kingpin requests that he be moved from his current position. He doesn’t like the view.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.