The Peeing Tree of Frankfurt has taken its revenge on humans

Originally published at: The Peeing Tree of Frankfurt has taken its revenge on humans | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’ve seen videos of people cutting down trees that will just gush out with what I assume is water or maybe syrup? It’s crazy to behold.

Here is an example

2 Likes

I bet that tree was rotten on the inside and had filled with rainwater. It happens frequently with silver maples

9 Likes

A neighbor’s underground water line to his house broke and turned his side yard into a swamp. It also filled a dead-ish maple tree with water to the extent that water would flow down the trunk from the top. I had to prompt him to call the water company. Luckily for him, they’ll forgive an enormous bill due to a line break. Unlucky for him is they charge about $2k to dig up the old line that’s buried below the frost level.

3 Likes

I think that tree needs to get its prostate checked.

3 Likes

If you are ever in Frankfurt, and interested in the sometimes delightful, sometimes difficult and sometimes cringeworthy art of satire, I suggest visiting the Caricatura museum. The artist who created the peeing tree was part of the Neue Frankfurter Schule, and the people ‘involved’ in that created quite a bit of comic art around Frankfurt.

Klick for ze German Vikipetia apove, or follow the english oneboxes below for a much more rudimentary rabbit hole:

5 Likes

Frankfurt mentioned!!!
There are quite a few funny artworks like this one in Frankfurts city forest.

1 Like

I’m sure it wouldn’t work quite as well as advertised, but I wonder if anyone tried that special hydrophobic coating that bounces pee back onto the urinator?

1 Like

I am a crystal-clear stream, have a drink, please

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.