The people of New York welcome Ted Cruz to Yankee Stadium

Originally published at: The people of New York welcome Ted Cruz to Yankee Stadium | Boing Boing

9 Likes

26 Likes

NYC baseball fans know how to welcome nasty right-wing bigots to their stadiums.

Maybe it’s just a joke, but photocopied fliers were passed out Saturday at Shea Stadium advertising “John Rocker Battery Day” for Atlanta’s first series in New York this year against the Mets. One was in the Mets’ clubhouse before Saturday’s game against Los Angeles.

“Friday, June 30th is John Rocker Day,” the flier said, referring to the second night of a four-game series between the Braves and Mets.

“All fans attending the game will get New York Mets battery [sic] to be thrown to Mr. Rocker. Batteries are provided by the No. 7 train riders, so buy your ticket early.”

The Atlanta reliever is suspended for the first two weeks of the season after criticizing New Yorkers, gays, foreigners and even teammates in a magazine interview.

10 Likes

He should go to a game in Philly.

30 Likes

cruz got off easy.

19 Likes

The usher trying to calm everyone down. :rofl: Have you even been to a Yankee’s game before, bruh?

9 Likes

You think that was bad? Ted better never go into New Jersey, won’t be that warm & fuzzy…

12 Likes

What is astounding is that Cruz seems to be operating in some kind of bubble where he doesn’t even acknowledge the taunts. If there was no sound, you would just see Cruz smiling and waving to the crowd.

8 Likes

“GeddafuqouttaNuJoik!”

4 Likes

New York welcome:

10 Likes

Just spreading a little of that famous Bronx cheer!

4 Likes

Why is he wearing orange? Is he a Mets fan?

3 Likes

Cruz just revealed in his recent book that he spent a good part of the insurrection hiding in a supply closet because his fellow Senators didn’t appreciate having him around either.

Cruz said Senators were led to a “secure location” where “tempers were high” with several Senators “blaming us explicitly for the violence that was occurring.”

In his book Cruz continued: "While we waited for the Capitol to be secured, I assembled our coalition in a back room (really, a supply closet with stacked chairs) to discuss what we should do next.

8 Likes

O, Sweet, Sweet Catharsis!

6 Likes

Du Branks!

3 Likes

John Rocker is a huge POS.

In a story published in the December 27, 1999, issue of Sports Illustrated, Rocker made a number of allegations stemming from his experiences in New York City and answering a question about whether he would ever play for the New York Yankeesor the New York Mets

I’d retire first. It’s the most hectic, nerve-wracking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you’re riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It’s depressing… The biggest thing I don’t like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?

During the interview, he also spoke of his opinion of the New York Mets and their fans:

Nowhere else in the country do people spit at you, throw bottles at you, throw quarters at you, throw batteries at you and say, “Hey, I did your mother last night—she’s a wh**e.” I talked about what degenerates they were and they proved me right.

2 Likes

One thing about New York is, it’s full of New Yorkers.

I think that’s SOP. Most mics are directional and won’t pick up the jeers. If you are smiling and composed for 10 minutes and lose it for 3 seconds, the 3 seconds will make the news. So this is deeply trained in politicians - just about everywhere you go, someone may like you and someone may hate you.

3 Likes

one can only imagine his entire life is like that

5 Likes

How many people were there?

• Nobody
  • Ted
  • Ted and a stuffed animal
  • Ted and one other person
  • Ted and two other people
  • Ted and three other people
0 voters
3 Likes