The Queen Elizabeth II Meta Thread

Liam Hogan is awesomesauce…

4 Likes

Should that even be about Irish and English? How about instead rich and poor? :thinking:

11 Likes

12 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

10 Likes

Memory Alpha:

Due to political sensitivity, as Ireland was still in the midst of the Troubles when “The High Ground” aired in 1990, the reference to Irish unification and terrorism in the episode resulted in its removal from first-run in the United Kingdom. To date, some syndicating networks will not air the episode, and it was only in 2007 (fifteen years after its first run, nine years after the conflict ended in a peaceful manner) that it was broadcast on the BBC. [1]

13 Likes

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

7 Likes

My suction cups finally got delivered.

15 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

7 Likes

That’s odd. BBC 4 Extra usually has mostly comedy and drama. This weekend seems to be mostly Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple.

There’s some comedy like radio adaption of To the Manor Born, Never Too Late starring Thora Hird and Ken Dodd’s Palace of Laughter.

5 Likes

So someone has decided that comedy doesn’t fit the current mood, but murder does? OK then.

6 Likes

Murders are cozy.

4 Likes

I came downstairs at 5 am today and my wife was drinking coffee watching them tour the Queen around the countryside.

When we got home from work they were just arriving in Edinburgh they had some sort of guard all dressed up in dress kilts carrying automatic weapons and all we could think about was this.

7 Likes
15 Likes

It’s what she would have wanted

7 Likes

Well of course.

8 Likes

After a year, you can adopt half mourning and switch out black for purple.

1 Like
7 Likes

I understand that one or two Right-wing talking heads were urging (actually, daring) Biden to bring Trump along to the funeral. The royals may have sensed how the politics of that would be against Biden. And given how Trump played the lout on his visit with the Queen, the royals made the right move here:

9 Likes

Comedy Reaction GIF by CBS

20 Likes

… what, along with Bush, Clinton, and Carter :confused:

8 Likes