The Rock tries to save the DCEU in this new Black Adam trailer

Originally published at: The Rock tries to save the DCEU in this new Black Adam trailer | Boing Boing

I don’t see Zack Snyders stank in the listed writers or producers. There may be a glimmer of hope for DC with this movie.

And, yeah, I’ll watch damned near anything with The Rock in it (but not stupid street racing movies).

12 Likes

Oh wow, I’m even more excited for this one that I was previously. The other lesser known properties they’re bringing in on this are some of my favorites. Can’t wait to see the Justice Society in action!

3 Likes

Sorry, I saw a castle and the gardens open up for a flying ship… is this an X-Men spinoff?

Anyways, good luck with that.

1 Like

He makes a lot of bad ones too…

2 Likes

I enjoyed Shazam far more than I expected to. If this ends up being an evil guy version of that, I’m onboard.

7 Likes

Right? Other than that, it looks more like the Black Adam film I was anticipating than the previous trailer.

3 Likes

Hasnt he worn that costume before?

6 Likes

The first Wonder Woman was pretty great. So they have that going for them.

9 Likes

You take that back, Tooth Fairy is awesome!

Mainly for Julie Andrews but still.

7 Likes

There was a post-credits sequence at the end of that D.C. Superpets movie where Krypto the super-dog (also voiced by Johnson) has an encounter Black Adam’s dog and the two debate exactly what it means to be an “anti-hero.” (“So… a villain?” “No! It’s like being a hero but cooler.”)

9 Likes

I liked Catwoman’s acceptance speech at the Villy awards:

4 Likes

I’d forgotten that the Justice Society was in this one. Cool.

I really enjoyed Rampage, San Andreas, Skyscraper, and, even DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. I’m reminded that I’ve not seen Jungle Cruise. I’m hoping from something like the Jumanji movies.

2 Likes

Jungle Cruise was fun. I like Emily Blunt, so bonus!

5 Likes

It wasn’t great but it was fun for sure. Emily Blunt is always a bonus.

5 Likes

I just can’t listen to critics anymore. I liked Jungle Cruise. And though San Andreas was pushing credibility, it was fun. Thanks for the filmography, @anon81034786 , I’ll have put some of these on my list!

Back to the topic at hand… Black Adam? I musta been asleep. I don’t know nuthin’ about Black Adam. I’ll have to read/catch up.

1 Like

That was about the studio having confidence in the source material and getting out of the way—it was basically a page-by-page dramatization of the most recent comic book reboot

3 Likes

I’ll admit, I’m a little excited to see Hawkman on the big screen.

1 Like
3 Likes