The Sandwich Alignment Chart (cue John Hodgman's exploding head!)

What does a dog do that a man steps into?

Pants

6 Likes

I look at it like ‘sandwiches’ are like the family Canidae, where there’s a wide variety but many concrete similarities. And like the tanuki, the hotdog doesn’t seem like it belongs in the family at first blush, but a deeper look shows that ‘well hey, I guess it does’.

And to go further, things like pop tart and choco taco are pastries, which are analogous to felines; being that felines are similar to canines, but much different.

2 Likes

If you eat all the pretzels out of a bag of party mix did you eat pretzels or did you eat party mix?

4 Likes

There’s a local Trini place that makes not only beef, but jerk chicken and curry chicken patties. Best $2 I know how to spend. Veggie patties too, but I’ve never tried one! As for empanadas, you can hardly walk 2 blocks here without hitting a Dominican or puerto Rican place with homemade ones. And lets not forget samosas!

4 Likes

Oh shit, right. I ate an off-the-chain samosa last night and mini samosas/mini spanikopitas from Sahadi are my go-to for work potlucks. I’m glad we’re all hashing this out…wait, tell me there’s a flaky pastry filled with corn beef hash out there…

3 Likes

Sounds like a kitchen project, a yummy kitchen project. Wait. I just had a revelation. I’ve never filled flaky pastry, but I have made pierogi with hand rolled pasta. Corn beef hash filled pierogi sounds insane.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much a Cornish Pasty… yumm.

2 Likes

It is, in fact, a corned beef pasty. Every baker in the UK sells 'em, pretty much.

1 Like

Can’t two or more people be sandwiched into a sleeping bag tho?

Which I guess then would make a bean burrito not a sandwich, but a bean and rice burrito would.

1 Like

Weird, isn’t it? Last time I went back (2014) the damn things we’re on sale everywhere. It was a bizarre analogue of the way you see a Starbucks on all four corners of a crossroads.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.