The sandwich that eats like a meal

May contain traces of nuts.

30 Likes

Even as a callow, unwashed youth, the nonsensical line “eats like a meal” annoyed the hell out of me.

7 Likes

Choose your adventure:

22 Likes

At the 0:12 mark, I was a bit concerned about what she was reaching for in response to the man of color in her kitchen.

As a radical sandwich anarchist, I proudly and loudly escalate to declaring pop-tarts to be sandwiches whenever confronted with “hotdog is not a sandwich” purist types. “Feh” to your blinkered orthodoxy!

11 Likes
7 Likes

That’s the insight.

14 Likes

Well, almost anyone can make a sandwich, even 5yr olds,
it took the woman of the house’s effort to fry the meat and add the sauce, so it’s really more a fem-wich, is it not?

2 Likes

are 3 pieces of bread on top of one another a bread sandwich?

4 Likes

Sure. They can even be a “hold all fillings” clubhouse sandwich.

4 Likes

Rubber biscuit?

6 Likes

Hot dogs are the best kind of tacos.

5 Likes

I remember when Manwich first came out. I was 11 years old and the idea of a meal in a sandwich sounded so cool. LIke NASA cool! I was so disappointed.

In later years I did run into a sandwich which ate like a meal. It was the Thanksgiving Special from Buzzy’s Roast Beef near the Old Charles Street Jail. It had Turkey, Mashed potatoes, Peas and Cranberry sauce all in layers between two pieces of bread. I’m pretty sure gravy was optional but if you did get it they didn’t pour it over the bread they poured it over the contents of the sandwich. The damn thing was delicious.

Buzzy’s is gone now but Manwich remains.

5 Likes

I think that’s classified as a Wish Sandwich Deluxe

2 Likes

Club sandwich, hold the filling.

2 Likes

And why no Manhandlers love(hate)?

That Chip Butty is a wonder to behold.

2 Likes

This reminded me Steve MRE’s video channel. Truly a thing of beauty and a wonder of this internet age.

4 Likes

A Great Uncle fought in the second Boer War, he gave us biltong which must have been 70 years old (it was sometime in the 1970s). I think that was probably safer than those cans.

4 Likes

And 3 slices of bread between 2 other slices of bread is a Sandwich Sandwich.

4 Likes