The secrets within a 2,600-year-old preserved brain of a decapitated man

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/09/the-secrets-within-a-2600-yea.html

3 Likes

young-frankenstein-article-201512131543

21 Likes

He really really liked rainbows.

so beschizza finally got that safe open

20 Likes

I’ve seen this movie.

Once the brain starts regenerating, they’ll realize why this individual was decapitated and buried.

14 Likes

I think it’s dangerous to extrapolate from this analysis of the brain. What if it went like this:

“Sire, we have brought you this man. The astrologers say that his neurons and astrocytes are the most tightly packed in the kingdom.”

“Dear God, execute him at once.”

11 Likes

Bah, yours is much better than the zombies-crying-out-for-brains gif I was going to post. Well done!

2 Likes

So, a very stable genius?

I have a theory…

7 Likes

Turns out that certain soils (even some crypts) can help preserve a body for an inordinate amount of time. This was a good way to check on if you had a saint on your hands (see Brother’s Karamozov; yes, yes I know the priest hadn’t been buried; but that’s why he was laid out after death, to check). Or, alternately, a vampire.

1 Like
1 Like

Could it be, and I’m just thinking out loud here, the brain has these features because it has been dead and buried underground for 2,500 years???

4 Likes

tumblr_p12cg3Hr3Q1qmob6ro1_400

4 Likes

4 Likes

That was my first thought too :smiley:

1 Like

Does this mean our brains have gone soft over time?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.