The Selma Confederates: 'I want to protect, defend and preserve my white race'

I don’t know how I feel about Stone Mountain. It’s a great park, and I think that the fact that Stone Mountain, and the surrounding area, has a large African American community contributes to the number of family reunions held there. But, given that the monument was built by neo-confederates… yuck. I too would love to see a monument to civil rights - but how about Malcolm X, Bayard Rustin, and Ella Baker instead (of course, none of them are from the ATL, but STILL)? I’d put in for that.

Lincoln MADE them do it by resupplying the Union soldiers at fort sumner. Clearly, he violated CSA sovereignty, and did so on purpose… EVERYONE knows that!!! /s

4 Likes

Thanks for all the additional info, guys. And that’s why I parenthetically specified “income tax” (and by that, I meant “Federal Income Tax” since, these yahoos are always barking that the “Federal Guv’munt” is coming to take all their possessions/assets).

I know that there are other types levied along the way, but those vary heavily depending on what state you live in and how you are employed, so I just focused on the simple IRS/income portion. In addition to my day job I also run a side business (hence the alias “BrickGun”) which is taxed higher than my “normal” employment as it falls under self-employment guidelines… so I’m well-aware of a much more complicated tax filing/structure than the average Joe’s 1040.

But in most cases it seems the people complaining about this inflate the numbers… and, more importantly, I also believe most people hearing these rants aren’t aware of the graduated increase in percentage as income increases. People think “X% bracket” means X% of all your income goes away and that simply is not the case.

Plus I have little sympathy for anyone who complains about their taxes when what they have to pay is far beyond what most people gross in a year. Nice problems to have.

1 Like

Sheesh! That’s actually what I was thinking of. But “War Between the States” does seem to be a specifically Southern term. A tour guide at the Tennessee state capitol used the term, and gave specific reasons why (she thought) it was correct, but I don’t remember what they were (it was back in 1982).

1 Like

Right, I kinda qualified that with another comment, but more aimed towards the real high end.
But it’s true, overall we do have a regressive tax structure in the USA.

1 Like

Maybe that was the limit of her southern humility…

1 Like

i am from texas and i am old enough to remember seeing the terminology move from “war of northern aggression” to “war between the states” in my elementary social studies books and the classroom books my teachers had for us to read.

1 Like

It’s not correct because a war between states could only happen within a country. It was a war between one country and a newly formed second country which DECLARED WAR on the first country. The fact that both had the demarcation of “states” as part of their political/geographical structure is not pertinent.

2 Likes

Nope. Non-caucasian. We follow the one drop rule here, y’know.

No, no you’re all confused. Irish and Italian are not white. Only Anglo Saxon and Scots-Irish Baptists.

My white race is doing just fine.

His white race is pretty fucked up, I’ll admit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.