The song that’s stuck in your head right now

Think I must have heard this earlier somewhere, but it is stuck now - so I figured I’d share :smirk::

6 Likes

I’ll blame the fever. It’s in my head.

4 Likes

All while getting groceries just now and still…

9 Likes

I blame today’s history almanac entry…

5 Likes
3 Likes

:clap:t3::clap:t3: It :clap:t3: does :cup_with_straw: not :clap:t3: stop :cup_with_straw::cup_with_straw: and :clap:t3::clap:t3: goes :cup_with_straw: on :clap:t3::clap:t3: and :cup_with_straw: on :cup_with_straw::cup_with_straw::cup_with_straw: and :clap:t3::clap:t3: on :cup_with_straw:

5 Likes

@Tamsin_Bailey @robertmckenna

2 Likes

I’m not clicking that, but thank you for thinking of me :hugs:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I read “here we go again” in the context of Mike Johnson and Maga drama… and now this song is fully in my head.

…fat little insect…

3 Likes
5 Likes

That’s kinda awesome, but it stops too soon! Where can I find more?

1 Like

I wish I knew! :sob:

1 Like

OK, every so often I’ll find myself wandering around the house, doing chores etc. while singing “pieces of eight, pieces of eight…” over and over. It was stuck in my head again when I woke up, I dug around a little and figured out where it came from. I must’ve heard this when I was 4 or 5, and by then the music itself was already 18 or 20 years old:

(Pretty sure that’s Thurl Ravenscroft)

6 Likes

Here is the complete video! The singers are the Nooran Sisters, amazing. I guess the guitarist based the music on System of a Down tracks. I don’t really listen to them and didn’t recognize it. But I think they should tour/record with the Nooran Sisters asap.

This is the original video of the sisters singing Patakha Guddi a cappella:

I really like this one, too:

5 Likes

Thanks, great sleuthing!

4 Likes

It was mostly Shazam

3 Likes
5 Likes

Ugh, so catchy. And Jack Antonoff and Margaret Qualley are too adorable. Don’t watch if you’re committed to feeling embittered towards love and relationships. It will mess all that up.

4 Likes

:thinking: Ok, Putin singing about Alaska wouldn’t be so cute…

3 Likes