The Supreme Court gets a "non-scalable" fence — the new symbol of America

Surely that fence will keep people from entering the Southern border of the Supreme Court building.

16 Likes

Even the tales being told are taller.

3 Likes

Did I miss all the times John Roberts spoke out about the Republicans blocking Merrick Garland as Obama’s choice of a new Justice on the spurious grounds it was too close to an election?

Was I out when he complained about Mitch McConnell saying he would never allow another Democratic President to appoint a judge to the Court?

Was I tuned into another channel when he condemned the Republicans overturning their new upcoming election ‘rule’ to stampede the eminently unqualified Amy Coney Bennett on to the Court?

27 Likes

So abortion is bad because it’s not specifically enshrined in the constitution. Freedom of speech is bad even though it is specifically in the constitution. Also I thought there was no right to privacy in the constitution, so a fence goes up to protect their privacy?

The only consistency with these people is how consistently terrible they are.

17 Likes

One bad apple. He seems to have forgotten about Thomas (via Ginni) and his colleagues who lied to get a seat in the Court.

13 Likes

Selective memory, the hall mark of all GQP/KKKpublicns/Fascist scum.

8 Likes

It’s just nine folks (and their robes) it’d be far easier to move them rather than construct a proper siege wall. Move them to some high security location for their safety (the poor dears), and appoint some odd number between 11 and 23 to sit in some comfortable well lit open public forum as substitutes. Y’know that sounds ever-so more democratic anyway.

6 Likes

Guantanamo.

11 Likes

Don’t we have super max prisons available , 3 hots and a cot is the least we can do for them. The poor dears…

11 Likes

Exactly, to quote Billy Bragg, “Freedom is merely privilege extended unless enjoyed by one and all.” Your not free if your body belongs to the state.

14 Likes

FIFY

6 Likes

I think it symbolizes this bogus SCOTUS, what with its various questionable decisions over the past few decades, as well as the incremental installation of neo-fascists & unqualified yahoos in its ranks…
It symbolizes the gulf between what the majority of people in this country this want, and the evil agenda of the neo-fascist majority on the bogus SCOTUS. Roberts’ whingings about the reputation of the SCOTUS were for publicity puposes only.

None of this will end well.

9 Likes

Now yr talkin’!

I’ve never felt this sick and angry.

9 Likes

A small crowd pushing over a panel or two would work just as well.

1 Like

Why the fence when it’s obvious that, unlike Pro-Lifers, the protesters are pro-abortion and not pro-retroactive abortion?

3 Likes

This is what you do when planning the new coup.

3 Likes

I wonder if this will just mean more and more average Americans will just consider the decisions of this corrupted court illegitimate and therefore, not worth obeying.

2 Likes

I wonder if we would have been better off if they had built a non-Scalia-ble fence back in '86?

15 Likes

I’d call that fence “less scalable”.

3 Likes

This kind of fence would have been a good idea on January 6th.

3 Likes