The ten best "Made in USA" tools tested by Project Farm

Originally published at: The ten best "Made in USA" tools tested by Project Farm | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m glad he addressed knife sharpeners. Now we have the definitive answer.

15 Likes

Ooooooh, you are evil.

6 Likes

I always need a nap after one of his videos.

1 Like

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

8 Likes

I can only assume that knife sharpeners are usually things that spark pages-long debates and flamewars?

(personally, I’m of the opinion that ‘whatever works for you’ is the best one out there. :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Yes, its up there with opinions on how to season cast iron.

11 Likes

:giggles: I wonder what happened to that thread I started…

2 Likes

don't tell no GIF by SMALLFOOT Movie

Next thing you’ll be bringing up is hot dogs and what to put on them…

10 Likes

giphy (3)

9 Likes

noooooo GIF

We’re doomed!

9 Likes

the only sensible pronunciation of “gif” is a hard ‘g’ from Graphics-Interchange-Format, and emacs wins over vi nine-times-outta-ten, and anything else? uh: crunchy rather than smooth and Vegemite is better than Marmite [running and door slam sound effect]

4 Likes

And is a hot dog a sandwich?

2 Likes

Maybe throw in a good old “tabs vs spaces” or ask what color a dress is, just to make things interesting.

2 Likes

This guy is a one-man Consumer Reports lab of tools. It does show, you do, some extent, get what you pay for, and made in China is typically much worse than made in USA or Europe.

2 Likes

Apostate!!

Vi is the greatest! The commands flow from my fingers driven by my autonomous nervous system. I can also exit from it at will when ever I want to.

Emacs is fine if you want an operating system with an integrated editor. /s

3 Likes

I bought the lansky knife sharpener based on his reviews, although I got the stone one instead of the diamond, so it is slower. I’m happy with it and my kitchen knives are sharper than they’ve ever been, as long as I touch them up from time to time.

I have a benchmade knife - the river rescue model that I keep in my scuba kit. it was a gift and probably the most expensive knife I own. I don’t know if it is worth the money, but it was terrifying sharp out of the box.

I haven’t tried any of the other stuff, but I am in the market for some car wax, so this is timely.

1 Like

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Kinda like any oil related thread on an auto or motorcycle board.

1 Like

Some creatures put ketchup on hot dogs (shudder).

1 Like