The trailer for GKids' New Gods: Yang Jian looks spellbinding

Originally published at: The trailer for GKids' New Gods: Yang Jian looks spellbinding | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I am not fond of CG cartoons. I do prefer old 2D style.

Have you seen these two cartoons?

3 Likes

Scissor 7 looks sheer fun.

2 Likes

Very funny indeed, although the last episodes turned into some most mundane cartoon structure.

ETA links

https://www.catsuka.com/breves/2022-09-07/nouveaux-making-of-scissor-seven-par-sharefun-studio

3 Likes

I saw this trailer earlier this year and blew me away. Sadly it doesn’t seem to be anywhere online, so i don’t know if it was ever released. Still as a trailer itself it’s amazing and i’m curious if the movie exists and if its any good.

2 Likes

I wish DC would make a Jack Kirby’s New Gods movie featuring Mister Miracle.

4 Likes

Yeah, Kirby gave us Mister Miracle, the brooding Orion, malevolent Darkseid, Big Barda, the Mother Box, Boom Tubes and all sorts of high weirdness. Some of it is campy as hell now, like Black Racer, but it still is loads of fun to read.

3 Likes

Take my money.

I love me some Scott and Barda.

2 Likes

YouTube ppl say due release this winter ('22-23.) YouTube itself convincingly wants me to watch live action Ra.One…also because people put a song from it on a remix of the Yang Jian trailer video.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.