The trailer for Paper Girls really delivers

Originally published at: The trailer for Paper Girls really delivers | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Will be interesting to see if they can afford to follow the source material.
And I’d watch the shit out of an animated Saga show.

4 Likes

Ali Wong!

Snl Reaction GIF

6 Likes

That’s going on the list.

3 Likes

Looks promising, though I wish more of the comic’s color palette could be brought into live action. I’m definitely looking forward to this.

4 Likes

“IPs”? That just feels icky.

If it emulates Fiona’s art style. I’d have said “I’d watch the shit out of an animated Hellboy show” until I actually saw how generic it looks

3 Likes

yeah - I think the folks that animated Arcane could definitely pull it off.

2 Likes

That looks fucking great, from the casting, to the art direction. It even seems to have thrown in a bit extra exposition, which should help this, um…friend of mine who really loves science fiction, but has, uh…trouble following time travel plotlines.

2 Likes

The ads for that show were . . . not compelling. This looks potentially much better.

Looked really interesting and charming. I agree, though, wish the color palette wasn’t so washed out.

I’d be torn because Vaughn and Staples have said that in creating Saga they intentionally set out to create a comic series that would be nigh impossible to adapt to the screen.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d love to see a Saga show, but to many things would probably have to be changed or left out to adapt it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.