The Transformers franchise has finally reached the "Beast Wars" era in a new trailer

Originally published at: The Transformers franchise has finally reached the "Beast Wars" era in a new trailer | Boing Boing

1 Like

Maybe there will be a Reboot tie-in!

2 Likes

I’m too old to be a Beast Wars fan. I didn’t like the concept, and the cartoon, while interesting because it was CGI, didn’t appeal to me at the time (Though I have heard it was decent.)

Soooo - anyway… Sorry fans of the original material are about to have their beloved IP murdered and turned into poorly written schlock. :confused:

1 Like

Oh, don’t tease me like that, you monster

Happy Hex GIF by Josni B.

2 Likes

Maybe it’ll be live action?
Maybe they will call it Tron 3?

(I loved me Reboot as well!)

2 Likes

Beast Wars is well worth watching, even as an adult. One of the real high points of Transformers fiction (which has a surprisingly good hit rate for a collection of cynical toy ads)

2 Likes

Tron 2 was a lot better than critics say. That’s my hill to die on.

4 Likes

It also has the Code of Hero episode that is oddly heavy and moving despite the fact you know this is about little plastic toys.

2 Likes

Poor, poor Dinobot.

2 Likes

What happened to him after was terrible.

But in Code of Hero? He went out doing what was right no matter what.

2 Likes

snaps fingers and teleports
Bob Forward was one of the original writers.
And his sister wasn’t there to save him while he improved.
Just Scott McNeil’s voice acting.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for a character who’s aware of a terrible fate but embraces it to save people.

1 Like

What the franchise really needs is a return to an earlier time, perhaps with stop motion animation in the style of Panique au Village. And dialogue in French. Actually, maybe this could be successfully executed by the fan art community.

1 Like

Well, there are some stop-motion sketches done with the toys and commissioned by Hasbro, like these recent ones for the 35th anniversary of the animated movie

There were a load of dialogue-free ones a few years ago that are fantastic little comedy sketches:

1 Like

I didn’t see a purple T-Rex looking Megatron in that video anywhere, that seems disappointing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.