The Ultimate 'Netflix and Chill' Bundle

I can imagine. I lived in San Diego for a few years during the days when you could cross the border into Mexico without a passport. There was nothing more obnoxious than the 18 year old college kids from the US in Tijuana, and I was just visiting, not serving them.

5 Likes

3 Likes

And…now I want to see a site where suitors rate Japh date nights with Michelin stars.

Say what?! I thought everyone learned to pick padlocks by breaking into the neighboring establishment’s/ghetto-ass house’s (or is that ghetto ass-house’s…oh, my) yard and climbing through the unkempt soaking hedgerows in a Fonz jacket, black jeans and freshly-shined LOx boots to the infinite amusement of the patrons back near the tool shed.

A) I’ll bet we have minors here.
B) Commercial yacht trips suck, so I assume you mean a private yacht and you have one of these lined up for us.

On occasion, you’ve grammar-Nazi’d filthy n00bs to be wary of (:wink:), but they all had it coming. I’m okay with low blows against lowly targets.

But ditto, call me out if I’m being a bore. With me, you can get away with (metaphorical) murder as long as you’re funny.

6 Likes

Oh, that doesn’t count.

*lolz

I generally only go ‘Grammar Nazi’ when someone is already in the midst of acting an insufferable ass, and usually after they’ve deigned to insult someone else’s intellect.

That’s one of my 'peeves.

Right on.

10 Likes

Yeah, there was.

The 18-year-old high school students. Many from my alma mater. I was a fairly popular designated driver, until I got mortally sick of 'em.

6 Likes

I thought about that after typing my post. I’m sure there were plenty of them there as well, though I can’t see there being much difference in behavior other than the college kids being at the lower rung of their peer group. Maybe that’s what you meant, but with decades of hindsight, it doesn’t seem all that different.

5 Likes

Not to be pedantic, but*

*I did notice that too, in my experience.

5 Likes

It was. Something about the tender young age coupled with the arrogance of lording it over the other H.S. students who simply aren’t “old and mature enough” to go drinking at the donkey show added an extra layer of insufferability to them.

At least 18-year-old college students don’t necessarily brag to schoolmates over 21 that they have to cross an international border in order to get their drink on.

5 Likes

That’s what you get for growing up near an international border. :wink:

4 Likes

So happy I didn’t bother with the whole high-school senior/college freshman bullshit. Sounds abhorrent.

3 Likes

You have no idea how hard I’m trying.

I literally know people, but they wont give me the keys. They keep saying, Liability, and Insanity, and Stop Caressing My Arse!

5 Likes

FTFY. Not that I can be sure, but I don’t hear these same lamentations from my European and Asian friends.

3 Likes

Heh… I went to El Capitan High School, out in Lakeside, thirty miles from the border. The lengths to which those kids would drive to get loaded. What bugged me most was that most of the hypocrites in my station wagon were members of S.A.D.D. Which is why I got invited in the first place, I guess.

4 Likes

I think this is probably one of the more interesting divergent paths I’ve seen comments on a BB store post go down. Especially considering the copy wasn’t all that bad.

4 Likes

“Mathematically speaking, psychohistorians determined that Netflix and chill was the fastest cliché in human history, having attained banality two femtoseconds after introduction.” ~ Encyclopedia Galactica, 117th Edition, 1026 F.E.

7 Likes

Come at me with a reference like that again, and I’ll start reciting Vogon poetry.

3 Likes

Decorate the yard properly and just play some yacht rock!

4 Likes

I went to college in Michigan, not long after FedGov blackmailed everyone into raising the drinking age. We made one trip to Windsor to drink. It was utterly civilized. We sat in a booth, split a pitcher, and went home. I think we could have cured an alcoholic with how boring it was. The only uncivilized part was driving through Detroit.

Oversimplification is overly simple. Yes. You can grow up near a border, drink under aged, and be civil.

(Bonus points if you can reference Netflix or cooking from a kit.)

Also, do you have access to a yacht? We really need a yacht…

3 Likes

Puh-leeze…like @japhroaig can afford Kenny Loggins’ residuals.

Someone call Barry Manilow.

4 Likes